Organization: Creative Associates International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 08 Nov 2019
Creative seeks a Senior Knowledge Management Associate for the Knowledge Management (KM) Team. The Senior KM Associate works under regular supervision and performs a variety of responsible, specialized duties, both assigned and self-led, with a technical focus. The Senior KM Associate serves as a member of the HQ-based team, leading to knowledge capture, synthesis, sharing, and application across a portfolio of Creative’s donor-funded projects. The Senior KM Associate also leads or contributes to enterprise-level knowledge activities as aligned with Creative’s strategic objectives. This position coordinates closely with the rest of the KM team and works with a variety of other stakeholders including project teams, division and practice area leadership, technical experts, Design, Monitoring & Evaluation, Business Development, and the Information Management Solutions Development team. The Senior KM Associate leads or contributes to knowledge product development, learning activity design and facilitation, internal knowledge sharing, online knowledge systems management, and team reporting. The Senior KM Associate is also engaged in business development and proposal activities as requested.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Senior KM Associate will report to the KM Technical Manager.
Project and enterprise-level knowledge products are developed to capture and synthesize the tacit knowledge of Creative’s experts and the explicit knowledge diffused across project client deliverables. Project and division needs are proactively identified, and products proposed to fit. Product development processes are collaborative and rigorous, leading to high-quality products with many opportunities for application. Consistent delivery eases KM product pipeline management.
Online Knowledge Systems
Online platforms are developed to share knowledge captured from projects and aggregated across Creative. Improvements to existing systems are proactively identified to best serve users. Systems are regularly maintained to always provide current information and gain user trust. Systems are streamlined to improve user experience. The KM team is kept in close communication and collaboration with the IT solutions development team.
Knowledge Sharing and Learning Activities
Knowledge sharing activities are designed with staff across Creative in order to facilitate exchange of ideas, familiarize staff with each other’s work, and contribute to cultivating corporate identity around Creative’s mission. Trainings are conducted to ensure that relevant Creative staff understand the principles of KM and can apply KM methods and best practices to their work, both independently and with guidance from the KM team.
Junior project staff are tangibly supported technically and professionally; their professional objectives and personal needs are well understood. Contributions to meaningful, constructive and timely performance reviews of junior project staff is key. The KM Team strategy, annual business planning, and measurement of progress are all supported by evidence through data collection, analysis, and reporting. Team coordination and management are supported through consistent reporting, tracking, and feedback.
- Lead implementation of KM Plans for an assigned portfolio of Creative projects, including collaborating with project teams for quarterly reviews, knowledge product development, collection of technical client deliverables, and dissemination of highlights;
- Identify and develop cross-cutting knowledge products on Creative’s experiences, results, and best practices in technical and geographic areas, including product design, data collection, consultation with Creative’s experts, drafting, revision, and publishing;
- Lead and/or support the design and facilitation of learning activities such as Knowledge Share sessions, workshops, forums, seminars, Pause and Reflect, etc.;
- Conduct trainings to increase Creative staff capacity in understanding and applying KM principles and best practices, and to socialize the resources and services provided;
- Contribute to designing, upgrading, streamlining, and maintaining corporate online platforms for information and knowledge management;
- Provide support to Creative staff seeking information for the purpose of new business opportunities, research, activity design, project implementation, events, etc.;
- Disseminate outstanding knowledge products through a regular newsletter;
- Mentor Creative staff in HQ and the field on the creation of quality knowledge products;
- Contribute to KM team strategy planning, implementation, and assessment; and
- Provide support to the KM Technical Manager in managing and mentoring junior staff, interns, and consultants as delegated.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and six (6) years of relevant experience, or a master’s degree and four (4) years of relevant experience;
- Minimum one year of experience within knowledge management;
- Prior experience in international development in a donor funded setting;
- Strong research, analytic, writing, and editing skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS project, etc.);
- Experience managing design and content for intranet systems (SharePoint preferred), CRM Systems, or other large online information management systems or databases;
- Experience and comfort developing and delivering trainings or other events such as forums, seminars, workshops, etc. with diverse participants;
- Demonstrated proactiveness in identifying and implementing improvements and solutions to team or organizational needs; and
- Excellent communications and coordination skills and cultural sensibility, with ability to work with international project teams at headquarters and the field.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Spanish, Arabic or French;
- Prior experience working and/or living outside of the U.S;
- Understanding of KM principles and best practices, the role of KM in international development, and application for organizations implementing donor-funded projects;
- Experience using Constant Contact, MailChimp, or other email marketing programs for knowledge sharing and dissemination; and
- Data visualization skills
How to apply:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm