Organization: Heifer International
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 30 Nov 2019
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Proposal Costing Manager (PCM) will be located at the Washington, DC office and will report directly to the Senior Director of Global Finance Operations located in Little Rock, Arkansas. S/he will be a member of proposal development teams to design proposal budgets and ensure compliance with funder’s and lead partner’s requirements. This position works with the Proposal Development teams, Finance and Administration, the Area Program teams, and Country Program teams.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Analytical, organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker, team player, communicator, proactive. Strong commitment to personal and team excellence; excellent interpersonal skills; strong drive to work cooperatively and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people; flexibility in a rapidly changing environment and ability to work under pressure;
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Lead and coordinate the development of budgets and budget narratives for institutional proposals; review solicitations and provide analysis of the cost proposal requirements to provide; review all cost proposal documents and make any necessary edits before final submission to funders; Take part in the budget negotiations with partners and ensure compliance with cost proposal requirements (75%)
- A document listing all budgetary requirements by the funder as related to this opportunity.
- Costing models that ensure proposals are competitive and compliant with donor guidelines; Budget scenarios for the proposal team to review and decide on the best scenario that will ensure a competitive bid.
- Budget alignment between the cost proposal and the technical approach; Budget line items accurately reflect the proposal technical approach.
- Budget alignment with Heifer’s internal policies and procedures.
- Budget that ensures maximum Level of Effort for Heifer.
- Budget draft and narrative shared with proposal team and finance focal points for input.
- Near final budget draft and narrative to be shared with Green and Red teams for review.
- Final competitive budget that is aligned with technical proposal for submission to funder on time.
- Design templates for different types of solicitations and maintain up-to-date knowledge on different procurement mechanisms. (10%)
- Budget templates and budget narrative templates for major donors including USG (e.g. grant, Time &Matterials, Cost Plus Fixed Fee), EC, UN, WB, etc. with built-in formulas.
- Knowledge database on different procurement mechanisms
- .**Develop training and training resources and provide guidance for the country teams on developing budgets for institutional proposals. (10%)**
- Proposal Budget development training (for Country Finance staff and Resource Mobilization Managers), guidelines, and training materials.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of related experience.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French languages is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Business Development or other field of study that includes quantitative analysis
- Two (2) or more years in working in remote/branch office, requiring frequent communication with home office and other branch offices.
- Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Demonstrated success in developing cost proposals for major funders including USAID, EU, UN and/or other bi-lateral and multilateral agencies
- Experience managing complex, multi-partner cost proposals.
- Excellent MS Excel skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills in a prime/sub role.
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, coaching and communication skills.
- Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to communicate clearly to a variety of colleagues and diverse constituents at all levels, in both oral and written communication via phone, email or in person.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to work under pressure, perform multiple tasks and manage consistently competing priorities.
- Must be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. Must be flexible and able to improvise to handle a variety of situations.
- Must be able to produce and present critical, analytical reports in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with a willingness to work closely in a team as well as independently for extended periods.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, in rural areas.
- Ability to lift from floor to waist and carry up to 50 pounds (23 kilograms) floor to waist at various locations/project sites.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods and performing office environment activities while on the road and/or in remote conditions.
- Ability to maintain close relationships and work with team members from a distance and with limited opportunity for personal interaction.
- Constant face-to-face, electronic and telephone communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Must be able to perform simple and complex mathematical computations
- Ability to effectively mentor and train individuals and teams using participatory methodologies. Strong facilitation skills preferred.
How to apply:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm