Country: United States of America
Closing date: 02 Oct 2019
Background Information – Job-specific
This position is located in the Policy Strategy and Governance Division, Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT/PSGD) in New York. Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Programme Officer, the incumbent works under the guidance of the Associate Information Systems Officer in OICT/PSGD. The Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) provides enterprise-wide oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy in support of the Organization’s mission.
Summary of Key Functions
- Management and communication
- Team collaboration
- Information and knowledge Management
- Compliance activities
1.Management and communications
- Support in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) are adhered to for the client project implementation and progress;
- Supporting the project planning process;
- Coordinate project work areas in execution of standard office transactions, processes and client services for work areas;
- Support the coordination and management of communications with various stkeholders;
- Maintenance of all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes; Management of work packages within the project as and when required;
- Participate in meetings as part of PSGD team with supported entities and stakeholders as required;
- Assist in monitoring team performance and client satisfaction, instituting work, process and team alignment for optimal results;
- Facilitate reporting on the status of PSGD’’s activities;
- Monitor if all projects comply with their planned governance arrangements and hold regular meetings.
- Support logistics for OICT events and conference.
- Collaborate with PSGD colleagues in facilitating the provision of quality results and services, team harmony and measurable performance management.
3.Information and Knowledge Management
- Help the division in overseeing the functioning of area’s documentation/systems and material ensuring conformity with relevant procedures governing the integrity of information.
- Timely update internal online platforms on OICT standards, tools, and pertinent information on admin services.
- Assist with collaboration and knowledge platforms and COPs.
- Maintain the knowledge base and documentation for compliance services
- Assist in maintaining and disseminating best practices to various stakeholders.
- Keep staff abreast of pertinent administration/logistics matters.
- Support in research activities on innovation and technology subjects related to UN core work including peacekeeping and SDGs
- Maintenance of accurate data and information to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of project and service activities, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge.
- Assist in managing compliance activities with ICT policies and standards and liaise with ICT entities to coordinate compliance exercises.
- Assist in monitoring, reporting and follow up on the status of implementation of recommendations resulting from audits conducted and appraise the adequacy of timeline and follow up action taken.
- Assist to verify that all audit findings are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of professional practices and to strengthen compliance within the projects implemented through OICT.
Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of key results by the Project and Compliance Administrative Analyst directly affect the overall efficiency of the office’s provision of services, impacting the quality and accuracy of work completed. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in strategic services.
The development of the global ICT compliance function will strenghthen the central role of OICT to oversight the proper implementation of the ICT Strategy across the UN Secretariat insuring the policies and standards are enforced across all ICT related areas to reduce risks for the organization.
- A first-level university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Information Technology or equivalent disciplines.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service, logistics, or information technology in national or international public or corporate organizations
- Minimum of one year experience in assisting in the policy, compliance or audit functions.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office)
- Experience in UN system organizations .
Language Requirements: **
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat
- For this position, fluency in English is required
- Integrity and Inclusion:Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Leading Self and Others: Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
- Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Results Orientation: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Agility: Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Solution Focused: Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Contract level: P1
- Contract duration: One year initially, (renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability)For more details about United Nations staff contracts, please follow this link*:* https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/UN-Staff-Contracts.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information – Sustainable Development Group
Based in New York, the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) supports diverse partners with their peacebuilding, humanitarian and development operations.
The SDC’s services include grants management, development and special initiatives support, and technology support to the UN and UN agencies.
The SDC is part of the New York Service Cluster that supports the United Nations Secretariat, as well as a broadening community of other New York-based United Nations organizations, bilateral and multilateral partners in the delivery of UNOPS mandate in project management, infrastructure management, and procurement management.
How to apply:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm