NGO Jobs in USA. Organization: US Agency for International Development
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 23 Aug 2019
The OTI SOCCENT Conflict and Stabilization Advisor (CSA) is a full-time Personal Services Contract (PSC) position at the GS-14 equivalent level and located in Tampa, FL. Offers for this position are due no later than August 23, at 1:00pm Eastern Time. For full information about this position, as well as instructions on how to apply, please read the entire solicitation at www.OTIjobs.net.
The Conflict and Stabilization Advisor (CSA) is a member of USAID’s Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA)/OTI Field Programs Division (FPD), and is considered an expert in the field of political transition and stabilization programming overseas with a strong civil-military background, program and budget management experience, and operational skills. The CSA is a senior-level position in support of OTI’s numerous field programs, including handling multiple high-level civil-military engagements, planning efforts, and reporting lines. The CSA provides advice to the strategic and operational components of OTI country programs to better integrate stabilization and transition assistance with ongoing Theater Special Operations Command – Central Command (SOCCENT) and the Central Geographic Combatant Command (CENTCOM) presence and operations, and provides expertise that helps communities recover from conflict and resist extremist influence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Advise and liaise with SOCCENT and CENTCOM to inform campaign plans and operations on stabilization and transition, ensuring that OTI field programs are coordinated with the Department of Defense (DoD) theater planning; ensure OTI stabilization and transition activities are nested in and around security operations; and, ensure a common civil-military picture of the political and security environment;
● Facilitate unity of effort between USAID/OTI field programs, SOCCENT and CENTCOM, providing regular information, reporting and analysis on political and security developments; engage and coordinate with other civilian assistance interests relevant to stabilization and political transition;
● Establish regular communication channels and information and product exchange and organize briefings to ensure a common operating picture between OTI, SOCCENT and CENTCOM; circulate status reports which summarize relevant CENTCOM and SOCCENT activities impacting OTI field or Washington, DC teams;
● Determine and manage requests between OTI, SOCCENT, and CENTCOM for participation in trainings and exercises. Represent OTI at planning exercises with SOCCENT and CENTCOM;
● Inform SOCCENT and CENTCOM on issues pertaining to OTI-led countering violent extremism (CVE); early recovery; disarmament, demobilization, and reintegration (DDR); media support; service delivery; and other OTI stabilization and transition assistance activities in the SOCCENT area of operations and other overlapping areas of operation;
● Coordinate with SOCCENT, CENTCOM, and Special Operations Command (SOCOM) to provide USAID/OTI staff with briefings on relevant procedures, assets, roles, capabilities, culture, and chain-of-command on stabilization and transition-related activities;
● Respond to OTI Request for Information’s (RFIs) for information critical to program decision-making and forward planning.
(1) A Master’s degree with seven (7) years of work experience;
A Bachelor’s degree with nine (9) years of work experience;
(2) Six (6) years of project management experience with a U.S. government foreign affairs agency, domestic or international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization, in community development, economic development, mediation/arbitration, conflict resolution, democracy and governance, international law, and/or human rights activities;
(3) Two (2) years of overseas field experience working in a developing country.
(4) Three (3) years of supervisory experience. **
Please direct questions about this position or the offer process to the OTI Recruitment Team at email@example.com.
How to apply:
For full information about this position, as well as instructions on how to apply, please visit www.OTIjobs.net.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm