NGO Jobs in UK. Organization: Abt Associates
Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 08 Sep 2019
The Compliance Consultant will assist the Senior Manager, Programme Delivery and Office & Administrative Manager with the development and implementation of quality policies, procedures, systems and processes to ensure compliance with Department for International Development (DFID) Supply Partner Code of Conduct, and company and regulatory requirements for the Britain subsidiary office. The consult will be expected to produce high quality first drafts of policies and procedures and to edit these documents through to final executive approval. Where policies or procedures exist already the consultant will be expected to contextualise and refine these for onward executive approval
The Compliant Consultant is responsible for:
- Developing policies, procedures and any other supporting material to ensure compliance with the DFID Supply Partner Code of Conduct, Abt Corporate requirements and any other regulatory requirements for operating in Britain. Including:
o Fraud avoidance, bribery or anti-corruption policy/procedure
o Modern slavery statement or anti-slavery policy/procedure
o Anti-terrorism and security policy/process
o Safeguarding policy/procedure
o Information security/data security policy/process (or equivalent)
o Due diligence policy/process incorporating mitigation of terrorism/security, safeguarding and reputational risk e.g. staff vetting, supply partner checks for terrorism, due diligence of supply chains etc.
o Policies/procedures for the management of delivery chain partners and affiliates, aligned to the DFID/FCO Supply Partner Code of Conduct.
o Ethical training packages for new recruits/joiners and refresher updates covering the following, which can be delivered by HQ or field-based staff to the any staff member or consultant:
§ Fraud and ethical behaviour
§ Child protection and safeguarding
§ Sexual harassment
§ Modern slavery
§ Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Conducting a thorough quality assurance check of these documents and any others assigned by the Senior Manager, Programme Delivery, including but not limited to:
o Policies, review against Parent company requirements and ensure authority to edit
o Procedures, review all references to ensure compliance
o Review all intersecting documents to ensure consistent and clear messaging
o Ensure documentation is clear and concise
- Minimum 3 years recent experience in compliance
- Exposure to Britain regulatory compliance requirements
- Experience of ensuring compliance with the DFID supply partner code of compliance
- Display comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices of quality compliance management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential
- A high level of problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated policy development, research and review skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Great organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and escalate concerns where necessary
How to apply:
For Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
The closing date for applications is 08 September 2019
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in UK.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm