The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is a global nonprofit organization working for a stronger and more effective United Nations. Established in 1946, we represent and coordinate a membership of over 100 United Nations Associations and their thousands of members. We are the largest international network of people supporting and engaging with the United Nations.
We work to build a better world by strengthening and improving the United Nations, through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens.
Our organization has offices at the United Nations in both New York and Geneva as well as Seoul.
The Training and Education Associate is responsible for assisting with and organizing training programs and capacity building trainings focused on promoting the UN values for high school and university students and taking place in the Geneva’s office. He she will conduct fundraising efforts to expand the existing educational offer of WFUNA in Geneva, as well as regularly update the content of the relevant sections on the WFUNA’s website and social media channels.
He/she also has general staff duties.
He/she will work under the supervision of WFUNA’s Education Officer based in the Geneva’s Office.
The position is based in the Geneva office.
Overview of Programs relevant to the Position
Human Rights in Action: WFUNA’s Human Rights in Action (HRA) program is tailored to enhance youth activism. Launched in 2011, HRA has trained more than 175 youth who in turn impacted thousands of beneficiaries through locally implemented projects. The program leverages the human rights infrastructure in Geneva to deliver a unique training, followed by a project implementation phase which is monitored by WFUNA.
Training Programs: WFUNA’s Training Programs at the United Nations offers participants a unique chance to take part in training and educational activities at the United Nations. The Training Programs promote the participation of youth in the UN’s work.
- Advanced Training Program at the United Nations: Targets university students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Youth Training Program at the United Nations: For high school, middle school, and elementary school students, WFUNA offers a less intensive version.
- Coordinating weeklong trainings for WFUNA’s partners (educational institutions).
- Implementing the Human Rights in Action capacity building program of WFUNA.
- Being in contact with speakers from various UN entities in view of their participation to WFUNA’s programs.
- Being responsible of the logistical support for the educational programs in Geneva (ordering supplies / brochures, booking rooms, etc.).
- Establishing course materials (presentations, quizzes, tests, etc.).
- Being in contact with partners involved in WFUNA’s educational programs such as universities, schools, foreign embassies and missions, as well as hotels, restaurants or airlines.
- Contributing to the outreach/promotion policy of the Organization vis-à-vis new educational partners.
- Using data management tools (Salesforce, Excel).
- Management budget and finances of programs.
- Monitoring and evaluating programs including reporting to donors.
- Drafting of project proposals for partners (detailed budget, project narrative, results and indicators, risk assessment, etc.)
- Supervising the work of an intern during the implementation of educational activities.
- Contributing to the communication and social media strategy in relation to WFUNA’s educational policy and programs.
- Creating and updating web content.
- General staff duties related to WFUNA’s work.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Regular reporting on duties to the supervisor.
The candidate should be at minimum a holder of a Bachelor university degree preferably in Education or Social Sciences.
Main Skills & Qualifications
- Fluency in English;
- Strong organizational capacity with close attention to detail and follow-through;
- Strong writing and drafting skills;
- Experience and knowledge of educational programs;
- Experience with and knowledge of project management;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with partner organizations;
- Familiarity with the UN system is a plus;
- Experience using social media networks and media tools.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Good command of French is recommended;
- Fluency in other languages can be a plus, especially in Arabic, Chinese, German or Korean;
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus;
- Involvement in non-profit organizations and/or student affairs.
- Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills;
- High energy, results-oriented;
- Ability to involve and motivate key stakeholders;
- Capacity to adapt to an international environment;
- Adaptive and flexible.
Salary: 40,000 CHF to 50,000 CHF gross, annual.
Duration / Permit: 1-year contract renewable.
Please send a cover letter and CV (max two-pages each) to email@example.com
Due to local legislation in Switzerland regarding foreign labor applicants need to either be in possession of a valid Swiss permit or be holders of: Swiss nationality or nationalities of countries of the EU or EFTA.
Due to high level of interest, we will only respond to prospective candidates. Please note that we cannot respond to email or telephone requests about this position.
Deadline for applications: 31 December 2018 (CET)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1