Technical Director, Youth Development – Philippines, USAID Youth Activity
For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in education, economic growth, monitoring and evaluation, peacebuilding and countering violent extremism (CVE), positive youth development, technology and innovation, and health access and services. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Director, Youth Development.
The anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will be designed to work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education, life skills, employability and entrepreneurship for youth who are not in education, employment or training. This activity will support systems strengthening of national government agencies, as well as the mobilization of local stakeholders to achieve activity outcomes. It will operate in secondary cities outside conflict-affected areas to support inclusive growth. The activity outcomes will include: increase access to quality education for out-of-school youth; improved life skills, employability and entrepreneurship; strengthened national government systems to deliver education and training to youth not in education, employment or training; and increased participation of local stakeholders in positive youth development.
The Technical Director for Youth Development will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of project activities that seek to improve the enabling environment for youth development in target geographies. The Director will be responsible for engaging with government representatives and representatives of youth organizations and youth-serving organizations at the national and local levels. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide overall strategic direction and supervision for all youth development activities.
- Lead technical design and implementation of community and youth development interventions in line with project objectives and global and regional best practices in youth development, youth-led organizational strengthening, and service delivery. All activities should be implemented using a participatory approach to ensure that youth are involved in the design, implementation and monitoring activities.
- Ensure proposed activities are consistent with the National Philippine Youth Development Plan and youth development plans at the local levels.
- Design and implement approaches to build capacity of Youth Development Councils, Youth Development Offices at the national, provincial and municipal levels and the Sangguniang Kabataan.
- Design and implement strategies to strengthen alliances with the private sector, government and other actors to increases community support for youth development including financial and in-kind support.
- A master’s degree in international development, political science, public policy, or a similarly relevant discipline;
- At least eight years of successful work experience in youth-related program design, activity implementation, and technical service provision;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the positive youth development approach, including youth participation, with knowledge of relevant methodologies and organizations working in the space;
- Understanding and experience with Philippine youth development governance structures;
- Ability to manage and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization;
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality;
- Excellent English and Tagalog oral and written communication; and
- Strong critical thinking and technical writing skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10