Requisition ID: req2656
Job Title: System Solution Coordinator
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Malaysia-Kuala Lumpur IRC
Job Description Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for U.S. resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Over the years, IRC has processed some half million refugees worldwide for U.S. resettlement.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (IRC-RSC) assists persons throughout East Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to those refugees bound for the U.S.
Job Overview/Summary: The System Solution Coordinator will engage RSC staff on activities relating to the development of a new Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) software solution to support refugee processing. The SSC will serve as the RSC Asia’s primary contact for receiving and sharing progress updates with the Refugee Processing Center (RPC); and facilitating feedback from the RSC on the new refugee processing system with the RPC. The SSC will actively facilitate and monitor User-Acceptance Testing (UAT) at the RSC, engaging the proper staff and coordinating feedback back to the RPC. The SSC will also take the lead in engaging with the RPC on current WRAPS functionality and development.
- Serve as the primary change champion and point of contact (POC) to drive communication between the RPC development team and the RSC in relation to the development of the new WRAPS MVP (minimally viable product). Liaise with RPC staff in order to maintain awareness of and active relationships with relevant POCs needed to review new WRAPS functionality.
- Engage with RSC and RPC staff as needed to assist in the review, verification or validation of the development of the new WRAPS solution, as well as other RPC-driven changes.
- Participate in ad-hoc committees and working groups comprised of representatives from the RPC, RSCs, and external partners responsible for the development of the new solution. Leverage knowledge and expertise in the current WRAPS processes and technology solutions to support these discussions.
- Support the RPC MVP build/development team with design and deployment considerations by analyzing new requirements, design, and build for accuracy and relevancy, with recommended revisions. Work with the RPC to ensure system requirements are testable.
- Maintain a thorough and current awareness of RSC and RPC policies, plans, initiatives and developments that impact or otherwise influence RSC caseworkers and staff.
- Work closely with RSC senior management to ensure they are kept up-to-date on development of the MVP and can assist in socializing expected changes to the RSC staff.
- Facilitate and execute UAT at the RSC on at least a quarterly basis, working with RSC staff members to incorporate broad feedback. Use available RSC resources to fully test and further build on system knowledge and associated workflows, as well as prepare colleagues for the MVP solution change.
- Maintain and update testing documentation and provide UAT results and feedback to the RPC. Participate in and/or facilitate test scenarios and reviews. Communicate with the RPC throughout the testing life cycle to ensure escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Plan and coordinate various opportunities for RSC involvement in in the practice, collaboration, interaction and education of the new system with the RPC MVP build /development team. Provide RSC with the latest updates on MVP system development and support knowledge sharing back to respective units.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) on the usage of the new system to participate in ‘Go-Live’ activities as a local resource at the RSC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Deputy Director, RSC Position directly supervises: Not applicable
Indirect reporting: Director, RSC; Senior Program Coordinators
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Internal: Malaysia and Thailand WRAPS users RSC Asia Senior Management Team WRAPS Manager based in Bangkok External: RPC, and other USRAP partners as needed
Education Bachelors’ Degree required, Masters’ Degree in a related field is preferred Work Experiences Minimum 5 plus years of work experience in Resettlement Support Centers and/or United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), policies, and standards and WRAPS system processes and system steps.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- General familiarity with RPC and USRAP programmatic responsibilities, processes, and policies
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in planning, organizing, and carrying out the assigned responsibilities, including coordinating activities with professional staff
- Excellent analysis, evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies and delivery is preferred
- Experience testing web-based solutions is preferred
Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in a refugee language is beneficial.
Working Environment: The position is currently located at the RSC office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but is subject to change (within the region) based on programming needs and/or at the request of the donor. While primarily operating in a standard office work environment, the position may require domestic and international travel to support program delivery. A valid passport and the ability to acquire US and other visas, as necessary, is a requirement.
The employee is required to adhere to the “IRC Way” for professional conducts, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant Policies and Procedures while carrying out his/her duties.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=SGVyaW5lLk9jaG9sbGEuNDQxODcuMzgzMEBpcmNjZC…
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1