Organization: Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance
Closing date: 13 Dec 2019
DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council comprises 63 member states, the Canton of Geneva and six permanent observers. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
The Resources Department is responsible for providing central services including Administration, Human Resources and Finance support.
For our department we are looking for a polyvalent and committed individual to be our next:
Administration and Finance Officer (100 %)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 24 months
Reporting to the Head of Finance, this varied role consists of the provision of administrative and accounting services to a third-party partner of DCAF. 50 percent of the role consists of basic administrative activities, to be performed on the third party’s premises; the remaining 50 percent of accounting activities will be performed at DCAF headquarters.
Key areas of operation:
· Prepare shipping documentation and handle mail
· Organise travel arrangements
· Carry out all other administrative tasks
· Administer all payments on behalf of the Secretariat: Process payment orders, expense claims, invoices and other accounting document.
· Conduct all accounting activities, including year-end closing
· Collect donor contributions
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
· Significant experience in accounting and book-keeping; accounting certification (CFC or equivalent) is essential
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; French a plus
· Proven polyvalent team player, with excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; MS Dynamics Navision knowledge a plus
· Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite
· A rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
· The chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
· The chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
How to apply:
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to [email protected] by 13th December, 2019 with the subject heading Central Support Services Assistant and Accountant, enclosing:
• a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
• a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed, been convicted of, nor prosecuted for, any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm