NGO Job in Syrian arab republic
Supply Chain Specialist
NGO Job in Syrian arab republic. The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been registered and actively operating in Syria since 2008 in support of refugees. In June 2012, DRC expanded its humanitarian efforts to include assistance to IDPs and the vulnerable host populations countrywide. DRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual country portfolio of $23 million supported by approximately 400 staff and service providers, DRC is undertaking programs in Syria in 8 Governates out of 14 in Emergency Response, Protection, Livelihoods, Shelter and Education sectors.
While the Supply Chain Manger position is currently under recruitment, DRC is seeking a consultant for a 3-months period to support and guide the unit’s day-to-day operation in support of Programmes. DRC’s Supply Chain division in Syria includes the following units: procurement and logistics inclusive of vehicle fleet, IT and Assets.
About the job
Support the supply chain staff
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Design a workflow and SOP for the Micro Grants & Livelihood procurement in compliance with the donor and DRC requirement;
· Contextualized SOPs to manage shelter & WASH during emergencies;
· Capacity building of the Supply Chain and Program Managers in best value for Money principle;
· Develop annual work and implementation plan with deliverables per department (Assets, WH, Procurement and fleet) with KPI.
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
· Bachelor degree in a relevant area of Business Administration; Supply Chain Management; Project Management, International Cooperation, or Humanitarian Aid
· Minimum seven years of intensive experience in Supply Chain management, Consultancy;
· Minimum five years of recent experience in Middle-East, preferably working with INGOs.
· Demonstrated training and facilitation experience;
· Experience in complex emergencies
· Proficiency in English is a must.
· Arabic speaking candidates familiar with the region will be prioritized.
· Master degree in a relevant area of Business Administration; Supply Chain Management; Project Management, International Cooperation, or Humanitarian Aid
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: three months non – renewable contract
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriate Staff.
Interested? Then apply for this position, go to
And click on “Apply for position”.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: the 1st of January 2019.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.