The Communications Group (CG) provides communication support and services to UNOPS personnel, and country and partnership offices around the world. CG develops communications strategies, policies, plans and channels based on communications needs and expectations; maintains and strengthens UNOPS corporate identity through official reporting to the Executive Board and other external communications, enabling accountability and transparency; communicates a clear direction and strategic focus, ensuring that the people of UNOPS understand and can demonstrate their contribution to the its success; and facilitates and encourages the sharing of information, knowledge and best practices, achieving dialogue throughout the organization.
Under the guidance of the Head of Communications, the Speechwriter and Senior Media Specialist is responsible for helping to position UNOPS and the Executive Director with key global audiences to ensure the highest possible impact for public and media engagement. The role develops messaging, drafts speeches and other communications materials and designs plans for strategic dissemination.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16281
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in communications, journalism, media, international relations or a or related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is required;
- A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 7 years (9 years for a bachelor’s degree) of experience in journalism, speechwriting, international relations, media or a relevant field
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
- Application Deadline: 16-Sept-2018
- Please visit the online vacancy to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16281
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1