NGO Job in Ethiopia. Organization: Lalmba
Closing date: 15 Nov 2019
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM DIRECTOR, Lalmba Association
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Country Director – South Sudan
ABOUT RI: Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development.
The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Deputy Country Director – Operations will provide the RI South Sudan Country Program with leadership that contributes to improved systems and standards in logistics, procurement, and associated administration. The position is a standard bearer for Relief International’s core policies in procurement, finance, business ethics, code of conduct, and conflict of interest policies. The position is integral to the smooth functioning of the RI Country Office, with support systems geared to ensure efficient and effective operations in the RI field offices toward successful project cycle implementation, staff care, and operational integrity at all levels.
Provide coordination for field offices to report to the Country Office on the same operational standards and systems toward ensuring RI Country, Institutional and audit systems are policy compliant and fully functional.
· Participate as a member of the Country Office Senior Management Team under the Country Director’s leadership, contributing to action planning, strategies, problem solving, and providing reports on Operations Department activities
· Ensure integration of all operations department activities (Finance, Admin, HR) with Programs Management teams to ensure that operational aspects are fully in alignment to Rl’s mission and implementation of quality programming and living and working environments at the highest standard.
· Conduct routine (weekly) Operations Department meetings that serve to organize workflow and prioritize actions, support team building, and in a manner that fosters inclusion and participation from all departmental staff.
· Strengthen capacities of national staff in the Country Office working on logistics and procurement through coaching and mentoring for individual and team growth; conduct training and job performance reviews of staff directly
· Advise on logistics management and structure and staffing levels to ensure that they are at all times optimal to meet workload and donor requirements.
Operations and Procurement:
· Lead and manage all procurements at all levels, working closely with procurement team.
· Oversee the development, deployment and utilization of operation policies, procedures, and systems to deliver compliance with RI and donor requirements.
· Effectively manage contracts within the scope of the units and efficiently maintaining all recommended processes and procedures.
· Support visits, both internal and external.
· Work with the Program Director to ensure appropriate and timely activities are taking place.
· Ensure routine and timely tracking and reporting for RI fixed assets (non-expendable property); collate the tracking and reporting across all offices centrally in the Country Office and for reporting to HQ as requested.
· Provide overall management of the vehicle fleet used within the project, including safety, maintenance, fuel and consumables, monitoring and the management of drivers
· Ensure that communications infrastructure is procured and properly maintained.
Planning, Reporting and Accountability:
· Prepare and manage procurement plans with project and departmental staff for the procurement, receipt, storage and issue of supplies and equipment used at the country office and field office level.
· Coordinate the development and implementation of soft and hard copy administrative monitoring systems on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis for all operational functions including vehicle fleet, computer and related assets, offices and guest house, safety and security protocols and systems, and all South Sudan Operating System (SOS) measures.
· Produce regular, accurate narrative reports for internal and external purposes on the operations systems and audits, at the request of senior country and HQ management.
· Conduct routine audits, spot checks, and maintain RI standards in respect to inventory control, procurement standards, and core policies and practices for business ethics, code of conduct, and conflict of interest policies.
· Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal controls systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
· Ensure effective warehouse and commodity management and quality control measures are implemented.
· Ensure adequate logistics preparedness through contingency planning and continuous preparedness reviews.
Safety and Security (As Member of Country Incident Management Team)
· Maintain close coordination and communication with the CD and Safety and Security Officer on safety and security concerns and evolving issues that could adversely affect staff and/or operations.
· Ensure business continuity through an integrated risk management approach, including security, financial, operational and reputation risks by developing contingency plans and scenarios; and take ownership of the action plans.
· Keep safety and security protocols updated and ensure all RI staff receive the required trainings.
· Work with RI security personnel to ensure proper security measures are in place to reduce risks to staff and property and to install emergency security procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- University Degree required, Master’s level preferred in Business Administration or related discipline (Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management).
- 5-10 years of demonstrated experience in a Senior Management position with focus on supply chain and logistics management
- Previous INGO experience in staff management, Logistics, finance and project follow up
- Experience of security and risk management within a volatile context
- Results driven and demonstrable ability to set and communicate goals and ensure effective and appropriate decision making and problem solving
- Good team player, able to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
We would like to share Relief International’s Values with you:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
· Transparency and Accountability
· Agility and Innovation
The closing date for applications is 18th September 2019
Due to the urgency of this role, we will be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in their application on the link below:
How to apply:
Interested Applicants are requested to click on the link below to fill in their application:
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm