Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D’s Education team partners with organizations and applies three main approaches: capacity building, adaptive learning, and action networks. One of the team’s largest initiatives is the EdTech Hub, a global consortium that uses research, innovation, and engagement to increase the use of evidence in decision-making related to the use of technology in education. R4D’s Education team leads the global and country engagement work of the EdTech Hub.
The engagement team works directly with of education and their advisers to provide evidence-based advice to inform their policies, planning, and implementation of education programs that include technology components. One component of this support is through the EdTech Hub Helpdesk, which R4D runs. Through the Helpdesk, the Hub provides short-term evidence synthesis and advisory support to answer questions policymakers are facing in their decision-making. Helpdesk support may include activities such as:
- Synthesizing existing evidence into briefs and practical guidance
- Reviewing programmatic and policy documents and providing comments and inputs
- Providing expert consultations tailored to answer specific questions
R4D is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Senior Program Associate (SPA) to support the technical, operational, and administrative functions of the EdTech Hub engagement team. The SPA will work with all members of the R4D Education team and the EdTech Hub engagement team to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of the initiative’s outputs. This role will specifically focus on the management of the EdTech Hub Helpdesk and other engagement work, but may also include support of other R4D education projects as opportunities allow.
This Senior Program Associate position is ideal for someone who is looking to grow their skills and experience in project management. Crucial for success in this role, the candidate must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), be highly organized, detail-oriented, conscientious and flexible and have excellent multi-tasking and decision-making skills. The SPA will be expected to successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines, successfully interact with a diverse DC and internationally based team, and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and will report to a Senior Program Officer on R4D’s Education team.
The Senior Program Associate will be expected to provide a broad range of technical and project functions that include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the development of high-quality work products, including presentations, concept notes, thought pieces, briefing materials, blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, and e-communications to share with both internal and external audiences.
- Contributing to technical activities, such as conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis on technical and policy issues related to education technology.
- Coordinating and developing project deliverables (reports, workplans, tracking progress against targets, etc.).
- Facilitating and supporting routine business processes, such as recruitment, procurement, financial/budget analysis, contracting, and payments.
- Performing and supporting internal administrative processes critical to the functioning of a rapidly growing team and organization.
- Providing organization and logistics support for convening of stakeholder meetings, workshops, and other collaborative forums.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of positive relationships with multiple stakeholders, including within R4D and with partner and funding organizations
- The SPA is expected to be self-motivated, able to work independently within a multi-functional team, and have a high degree of flexibility to be responsive to the needs of colleagues and other project stakeholders.
Successful candidates are likely to have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate / graduate training in education, international development, economics, Business Administration, Management, Public Policy, Political Science, International Affairs, or other relevant discipline;
- Up to three (3) years of relevant work experience in a research institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Exceptional oral & written communications skills;
- Experience working in a team environment;
- Demonstrated interest in international education and/or education technology
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs and results within tight timeframes;
- Familiarity with routine administrative and project management functions;
- High level of proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; and
- Full professional fluency in written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel internationally, depending on project need
- Additionally, R4D prizes people who are:
- Good and active listeners and facilitators;
- Productive, energetic, creative and task oriented;
- Adept at exchanging constructive feedback;
- Skillful communicators before scientific, policy and lay audiences;
- Equally comfortable and capable working independently and in teams;
- Highly collaborative and approachable; and
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to apply:
Please click here to apply.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm