NGO JOB in London from INTEGRITY
Over the next four years, the Programme Evaluation Lead will help to deliver the Evaluation and Learning (E&L) contract for the UK’s Cross-Governmental Prosperity Fund (PF). The evaluation of the PF will consist of programme, family and thematic evaluation studies that contribute to an overall Fund-level evaluation report. Programme evaluation teams will typically comprise a Programme Evaluation Lead (team leader), one or more Principal Evaluators, and one or more Senior Evaluators or Evaluators. Both Senior Evaluators and Evaluators will report to the Programme Evaluation Lead. Reporting on some work tasks may also be delegated by the PEL to a Principal Evaluator.
This role has a specific focus on the programmes and projects that fall within the Prosperity Fund work on Human Capital (Health and Skills) and Innovation (Digital Access and Technology).
Scope of work:
Full details of responsibilities will be discussed and agreed with the Programme Evaluation Lead and other team members. However, they may include:
• Design research instruments for use in quantitative and qualitative data collection
• Design and implement surveys including: devising the sampling strategy, piloting the survey, refinement and full implementation
• Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data sets
• Present data using tables, graphs and other visual representations
• Contribute to producing technical reports, presentations and other evaluation outputs using a range of evidence sources
• Being aware of EQUALs requirements and ensuring that work meets the required standards.
• Define relevant knowledge products and produce these in collaboration with the Learning Team.
The main difference between Senior Evaluators and Evaluators in undertaking these responsibilities is likely to be the level of autonomy and direction from other team members required.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, a Senior Evaluator may also undertake the Relationship Manager function within the evaluation team. Some of the responsibilities may include:
• Light touch project management work
• Liaising with other parts of the Evaluation & Learning team
• Ongoing liaison with the PF programme
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in evaluation for Evaluators, and 10+ years’ experience for Senior Evaluators. This should include theory-based evaluations with a utilisation and learning focus. Candidates will ideally have experience using contribution analysis and related approaches.
- Experience and skills in a field directly related to the PF intermediate outcomes and programmes areas of Human Capital (Health and Skills) Innovation (Digital Access and Technology). Skills in one or more of these areas is essential, with preference for ability to work across all areas.
- Expertise in the use of qualitative data collection tools, especially key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Sound quantitative analysis skills, particularly in the analysis of secondary datasets.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Curiosity about the process through which PF programmes are delivered and about the results they achieve.
- Experience of working in Middle Income Countries
- Experience of working on evaluation projects for HM Government clients.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant subject area (eg. Health, Education, Technology) or broader areas such as economics, political science, international relations, sociology, social anthropology, international development.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Closing date for applications: 25 January 2019.
However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1