The Senior Business Development Specialist plays a key role in all aspects of new business acquisition at MSH through three functions:
- Working with MSH’s technical groups and field staff to position MSH to win new business. This responsibility may include capturing new business generally and for specific bids
- Supporting large, complex proposals in collaboration with MSH’s technical groups, cost unit, HR and field offices contributing to a highly competitive capture and win rate;
- Supporting building capacity of MSH technical and field staff.
The Senior Business Development Specialist will also function as a Proposal Manager, supporting the Technical Strategy Lead (TSL), on proposals as assigned. The Senior Business Development Specialist will work as part of a high performing team to reach ambitious targets, contributing to submission of proposals worth over $400,000,000 and more annually.
Coordination of the Proposal Process 50%
- Reporting to the Proposal Manager and/or Technical Strategic Lead (TSL), support development of a competitive proposal including win strategy, partner strategy and cost strategy.
- Monitor and ensure responsiveness and compliance of the proposals to the solicitation using compliance monitoring and review.
- Develop, oversee and maintain the proposal calendar, and monitor adherence to the defined process and deadlines for technical proposals, rosters/recruiting, proposal budgets, production schedules and quality standards for proposals. Work with the TSL (and Office/Center senior managers as required) to resolve issues with delays or other roadblocks in the proposal process.
- Support the Proposal Manager and/or TSL in identifying potential partners and defining their scopes of work and negotiations of pre-teaming and teaming agreements.
- Assist the TSL in coordination with Cost Proposal Unit staff to develop best-value cost strategies and ensure a unified strategy in both technical and cost proposals.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Management (HRM) Staff, Center Managers and Sr. Director of BRD to monitor recruitment efforts to meet staffing priorities.
- Work with proposed partners to be sure that they provide their required information as needed to support the proposal.
- Participate in, and/or lead, proposal writing as needed.
Positioning for Business Development Opportunities 30%
- In collaboration with MSH leadership, contribute to annual and multi-year business development strategies that leverage MSH capabilities to identify and win new business opportunities, contributing to financial sustainability across the organization.
- Within MSH’s target technical, donor and geographic priorities, serve as a “positioning lead” to identify new business opportunities, ensure up to date donor knowledge, and co-ordinate geographic relationships with MSH staff, potential partners and consultants. This includes working collaboratively with designated BRD, Center, and field staff to develop and implement intelligence gathering and positioning strategies to strengthen MSH stature, credibility, and likelihood of winning new business.
- Responsible for coordinating and disseminating business intelligence and positioning information obtained from BRD, Center and field office positioning teams, when assigned to a specific country or specific opportunity.
- Consider potential opportunities, intelligence and information from positioning efforts and prepare BRD’s analysis for specific bid recommendations including internal and external resource needs.
- Support field-based business development activities and preparations for new and follow-on projects, including review of internal and external evaluations of projects. As required, provide direct support to development of field-based proposals.
- Assist BRD and Center leadership to identify partnering opportunities and to establish new institutional partnerships and manage existing ones.
Capacity Development 20%
- Foster, build and maintain MSH staff capacity in development of new or expanded business opportunities for MSH.
- Develop and build business development skills of BRD staff and staff from technical centers and field offices as required.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
Required Minimum Experience:
- Six years of progressively responsible experience. Two of those years must be in working directly on competitive proposal development.
- Experience in international public health is highly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to manage teams, initiate tasks, organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with specific attention to detail and quality.
- Good interpersonal, group facilitation and motivation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in proposal writing.
- Excellent research, data analysis/synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of proposal management processes and standards.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Spanish or other second language preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully cross-culturally.
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs, availability to travel internationally up to 15%.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1
- Total Jobs: 9 Jobs
- Slogan media
- Full Address bandung