Position: Security & Operations Officer
Location: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Reports to: Operations Manager/Operations Coordinator
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Security and Operations Officer’s responsibility is to monitor the security situation in Teknaff Upazilla, conduct risk assessment, authorize field visits, assist in track staff movements, participate in enforcing security and safety procedures, and provide sound and timely advice to RI staff and management on safety and security matters. The Security Officer is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of security and contingency planning in order to ensure the safety of all RI staff and RI’s programming. He will compliment his security role within the operations department as described below:
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
· Ensure the implementation of safety and security policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Assist the regional Security Manager in reviewing and updating of Security Management Plan (SMP), Contingency Plans and SOPs in close collaboration with ER Director.
· Monitor staff field movements and authorize field visits.
· First point of contact for field staff on safety and security concerns.
· Maintain an accurate record of RI international staff and visitors in Cox’s Bazar, including those from the Bangladesh and Regional offices.
· Responsible for delivering security briefing as part of the induction process for new staff and visitors.
· Representation when delegated at INGO security meetings.
· Draft, maintain and operate an intra-office security communication tree.
· Monitor national, social, and political and security issues and inform senior staff of issues that affect, or may affect, RI Programs; assist the Regional Security Manager when working with RI Programs and Senior Management in order to evaluate current and future programming based on current local security situation and adjust where needed.
· Assist Regional Security Manager for risk assessment and analysis.
· Liaise with other humanitarian and emergency actors on safety and security matters.
· Assist Regional Security Manager in preparation of training on security and safety procedures, security awareness, first aid and fire safety for staff.
· Assist in the management of security and safety incidents provide timely and accurate incident reports and analysis.
· Track safety-related incidents and developments.
· Assist Regional Security Manager with the maintenance and execution of hibernation/evacuation plans to include all facilitation and coordination with relevant personnel.
· Report to ER Director/Regional Security Manager and carry out other activities as requested.
· The Security and Operations Officer will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to RI and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Participate in the preparation, planning and implementation of logistics activities to ensure delivery by program staff of goals and services to recipients on time.
· Work closely with program and finance teams to delivery successful programs in compliance with RI and Donor regulations.
· Prepare all procurement for the various projects, including purchase orders, contracts for goods and services and travel.
· Ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurements; ensure accurate paperwork and supply chain in compliance with donor requirements and as described in RI’s field procurement manual. Ensure procurement records systems are well managed and maintained.
· Establish and maintain pipeline of supplies to the project sites and oversee the logistical aspects of operations.
· Process and maintain service contracts .
· Liaise with finance to ensure compliance and payment schedules.
· Implement RI standards in respect to inventory control, procurement standards and other operational aspects.
· Establish effective warehouse and commodity management and ensure quality control measures are implemented.
· Monitor/Analyze spending and inventory control.
· Monitor suppliers, service providers and/or contractors performance to ensure quality.
· Fleet supervisor. Implement transport policy and guidelines and ensure the provision of transport services to Relief International program departments and staff are efficient, sufficient and always secure.
· Ensure safety standards in all vehicles in the fleet, including availability of necessary safety accessories and communication equipment
· Any other duties within Operations Department
- University degree of similar in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a comparable discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in administrative or operational support functions with an international humanitarian organization.
- Experience in emergency response.
- Solid knowledge of practical logistics procedures and experience maintaining supply pipelines.
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
Interested applicants are requested to fill in their application by clicking on the link below.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1