Call for Experts – Resilient Modern Energy for Healthy Forests and Livelihoods in Malawi
Around the globe, RTI brings together private- and public-sector stakeholders to manage natural resources and promote sustainable livelihoods while conserving unique biodiversity. By improving service delivery and enhancing institutions, policy, and technical capacity, we strengthen forest and renewable energy systems and sector management. We work with governments, communities, and key stakeholders interested in applying climate resilience frameworks, low-emissions development strategies, and other new tools and approaches.
RTI is currently partnering on nearly 30 projects in Africa, including activities focused on quantifying ecosystem services in Kenya, and investigating the Sub-Saharan Africa (including Malawi) challenge of energy poverty, in terms of defined as the lack of access to electricity and reliance on biomass fuels. In Malawi, we have been implementing a USAID-funded education development program for over 10 years. To build on these efforts, RTI is currently seeking professionals with expertise in increasing forest cover, promoting land-based emissions reductions and supporting alternative livelihoods in Malawi. Candidates should be fluent in English. We are currently accepting CVs/resumes for experts with the following skills:
· Natural resources management
· New and alternative renewable energy sources
· Clean fuel technologies and cookstoves expertise
· Sustainable agriculture activities
· Forest and land use policy expertise (related to environment and forestry sectors)
· Low emissions and land use expertise
· Environmental regulatory and law enforcement expertise
· REDD+ policy and implementation expertise
· Countering illegal timber extraction/trafficking (related to illegal logging for firewood/charcoal production)
· Greenhouse gas emission expertise (including quantification and carbon accounting in land use)
· Sustainable forest management practices (deforestation and degradation prevention)
· Social behavior change and demand reduction expertise
· Private sector engagement and development
· Business development services
· Youth and gender inclusion
· Monitoring, evaluation, and learning & GIS Grants and/or contracts management
Experts should possess at least 8 years of relevant experience. Experience with donor funded projects such as USAID, World Bank, DFID preferred.
To apply, please email your CV/resume to RTIEnergy@rti.org.
English language CVs preferred.
Please put ONLY the Position Title-Malawi in the subject line.**
RTI offers competitive compensation and benefits and robust home office project support. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1