Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work today in around 30 countries, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance. There are more than 4 million Syrian refugees living in neighboring countries. This is no short- term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair. The IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. The Jordan country program, with a current budget of almost $27 million, operates in Jordan. This position will be dedicated to Jordan health program overseeing the implementation of health program for refugees inside Jordan.
IRC Jordan is undertaking a study to investigate and improve the community health volunteer model for the identification and management of non-communicable disease (NCD) care for Syrian refugees in Irbid and Mafraq, in northern Jordan. This study will involve a cross-sectional survey, prospective cohort study, and qualitative research.
The Research Manager role will encompass the daily operations of the study including training of enumerators, facilitating data collection, assessing the quality of data collection, logistical support and coordination, and report writing.
- Preparation of field work: Provide logistical support and liaise with IRC Jordan team and research partners (Jordanian University of Science and Technology) to plan, organize, and facilitate activities related to the survey, cohort study, and qualitative research.
- Training and quality control: Assist in initial and refresher trainings for health workers and enumerators; conduct quality control checks for data collection for the cohort study.
- Stakeholder engagement: Ensure local stakeholders at the health facility, community and government levels are kept informed on the study progress and findings.
- Logistical support and organization: Work with IRC Jordan to organize meetings and workshops.
- Communication, documentation, and research: Serve as focal point for routine communication on progress of study (weekly calls); documentation of study results through internal study and progress reports and research briefs; contribute to peer-reviewed journal articles as an author.
Key Working Relationships:**
Position Reports to: Health Coordinator
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Principal Investigators of the study
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Country Program: Health Program Manager, Community Health Manager
Region/Global: Health Unit, Co-Investigator
External: Governorate Health Department (GHD), Ministry of Health (MoH), Jordan University of Science and Technology (JUST)
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, or a related discipline.
- Three years of progressive experience in health research. This could include demonstrated experience in facilitating logistics, partnerships, training, and/or field-work for research.
- Effective planner and organizer.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Preferred: Arabic-speaker; experience in conducting qualitative research.
- Willingness to learn new research approaches and actively participate in the team.
Working Environment: The position is based in Amman with frequent travel to the field including Mafraq and Ramtha with a standard office and field work environment. Individual housing allowance is provided in Amman, including internet connection, water and electricity. Living standards are good and the security situation is calm and stable but this could change. This position is an unaccompanied post.
Please apply through the link below :
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1