NGO JOB in Jordan from Danish Refugee Council
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey and a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the ME region.
About the job
The Regional Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for the Supply Chain of the Regional office under the supervision of RHOSS and with technical support of Regional Supply Chain Coordinator This includes, but is not limited to, assistance to MERO and consortiums hosted by the DRC MERO office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Procure all goods, services and works in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all Requisitions, purchase orders, RFQ and ITBs are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt. Regularly review, update and share the databases and trackers to the RSCC
- Prepare the RFQ, RFP and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender) reports.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report.
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Maintain a database on all procurement activities for a project and/or region.
- Ensure all standard reports are completely in a timely manner with 100% correct data entry. Analyze for gaps and trends.
- Provide procurement planning support to the RO staff as required.
- Constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form.
- Facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process;
- Initiate strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place;
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors;
- In collaboration with the RSCC, ensure purchased assets are registered in the inventory database;
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance in a timely manner;
- Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases;
- Provide procurement support to consortiums
- Manage the hotel and venue bookings in Amman and payments as required and ensure tracking of payment is done through the tracking system
- Ensure the safety and security of all DRC assets and inventory, and maintenance of accurate asset and inventory records
- Implement proper asset management controls including tagging, periodic verifications, reconciliation with finance records and write-off/disposal as may be appropriate in compliance with established rules and procedures
ERP- DRC Dynamics
- Act as a Super User for the DRC Dynamics Supply Chain System
- Provide Induction and training to regional office colleagues in operating the DRC Dynamics Supply Chain
- Act as a focal point for Hyper care for regional office colleagues for DRC Dynamics Supply chain- with support from RSCC
Organization, administration and personnel management
- Oversee the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct within the procurement department, ensure that procurement staff fully understand what corruption is and are trained at least once a year on the detail of the Code of Conduct and anti-corruption measures;
- Ensure that all suppliers and procurement staff are aware of the procedures to whistle-blow for corruption and other breaches of the Code of Conduct.
- Responsible to ensure that all Supply Chain is conducted in accordance with the DRC’s Operations Handbook’s relevant chapters
- Responsible to ensure that recommendations for improvements (e.g. from audits) are implemented in a timely manner
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in humanitarian logistics management within the field of supply chain management, fleet management, asset management, and distribution support
- Master’s degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
- Driving license
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Fluent in Arabic
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till end of December 2019, renewable based on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and be willing and able to work out of Amman and travel in the MENA region.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.org under Vacancies. This position will be placed at G Band for Nationals.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 16th of January 2019.
Need further information?
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.org
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1