Mercy Hands for Humanitarian Aid (MH) is nongovernmental nonpolitical nonreligious international humanitarian organization, founded in 2004 in Baghdad, Iraq, with a goal to save lives and preserve human dignity. Mercy Hands’ headquarters is in Baghdad and it has a regional office in Erbil and twelve field offices in eleven Iraqi governorates and in North East Syria. Mercy Hands is governed by a board of directors, and the highest executive body in Mercy Hands is the Executive Administration, which is headed by the Executive Director (ED) and is composed of: General Administrator, Director of Finance, Regional Coordinator for Center and South of Iraq (RCCSI), MEAL Manager, Regional Coordinator for North of Iraq (RCNI), Regional Coordinator in Jordan, and Regional Coordinator in Europe. Mercy Hands is currently active in the following humanitarian sectors: food security, logistics, WASH, population monitoring and assessments, livelihood, protection, education, community development, health, and media. For more information, please visit Mercy Hands website: www.mercyhands.org
Within MH’s organizational hierarchy, the Regional Coordinator for North of Iraq (RCNI) supervises all programs managed from Erbil and staff based in KRI. The RCNI reports directly to the ED and coordinates closely with the other members of the Executive Administration. Due to overlap in work, the RCNI should coordinate closely with Ninewa Head of Mission.
CONTRACT AND STARTING DATE:
One Year, renewable. Position to be filled ASAP.
Starting salary is $3000 per month, with a potential increase to a maximum of $4000 per month, depending on experience and performance. Mercy Hands will be committed to pay the minimum salary regardless of funding status.
Additional benefits including: residence (including utilities), gym membership, health insurance (limited), transportation, and communication (internet and mobile phone cards), forty days of R&R per year, paid airfare tickets (up to 250$) for a maximum of four out-of-the-country trips, and reimbursement of the airfare ticket when arriving to the country and airfare ticket when departing the country at the end of the contract. Mercy Hands will be responsible for obtaining and renewing the visa and all related expenses.
- Assist the ED in representing MH with the humanitarian agencies, coordination mechanisms, and authorities in the Kurdish Region of Iraq (KR-I).
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, including cluster coordinators, OCHA, NCCI, other NGOs, and the Regional Government.
- Meet all requirements and maintain MH registration in KRI.
- Ensure optimal sharing of information and coordination among MH teams operating within the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with the ED and other members of the Executive Administration to ensure optimal sharing of information and coordination among all MH teams.
- Conduct periodic and ad hoc meetings for MH senior management in Erbil and actively participate in MH senior management meeting conducted at the HQs.
Team management and supervision of Erbil office
- Ensure that all staff at Erbil office and in the field comply with MH policies and procedures.
- Enforce all MH policies and procedures at Erbil office and all affiliated premises and the staff.
- Provide leadership to the staff, advise them, build their capacity, and work as a mediator to resolve interpersonal issues.
Program Development and Strategy
- Work with MEAL Manager to ensure proper monitoring and evaluation of projects implemented within the area of responsibility.
- Draft proposals and/or review proposals written by managers based in Erbil.
- Build rapport with MH current donors and work with them for possible projects extension or new projects, in coordination with the ED and PMs.
- Look for new funding opportunities in coordination with the ED and PMs.
- Assist the ED in designing operational strategy.
- Assist the ED in planning and implementing internal program management and development strategy.
- Leadership skills.
- Networking and coordination skills
- International profile with excellent command of English; Arabic or Kurdish is an asset
- Experience in humanitarian work, preferably in the region
- Experience in project management, team management, strategic planning considered as an important asset.
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexibility and initiative
- Ability to work in and manage a team
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position to [email protected]. Please state the job title in the subject line: Regional Coordinator for North of Iraq Application 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5