Project Manager Junior (AICS) – Uganda
Cesvi has been working in Uganda since 2001 both in the humanitarian and development fields, the focus of the programs being Agriculture, Livelihoods, Social Cohesion, General Food Distribution and Environmental Protection.
Current projects are funded by UNHCR, WFP and Trocaire and are aimed at providing llivelihood emergency first response for the South Sudanese refugees and host communities in the settlement of Palabek, Uganda.
The project is expected to start at the beginning of 2019 with a planned duration of 18 months and is going to be implemented by CESVI in partnership with AVSI; the project aims at strengthening the resilience of refugees in the areas of origin (South Sudan) and host countries (Palabek-North Uganda camp), improving their food security, livelihood opportunities and access to education. Specifically:
- Improve food security and economic self-sufficiency of refugee and host communities in Uganda and returnees in South Sudan
- Promote the integration of refugees in Uganda and returnees to South Sudan in the host community through increased basic services (access to water and education)
The collaboration will start in February 2019.
The main duty station will be in Kitgum with travels to Palabek settlements and to Kampala
The Junior PM will work under the supervision of the Programme Manager and s/he will coordinate with the Country Administrator and local staff/and partner.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- S/He will be responsible for planning and managing the entire project;
- S/He will ensures the correct use of Cesvi and donor procedures;
- S/He will be in charge of national staff selection and management as well as procurement of goods and services as per the project plan
- S/He will report periodically for internal monitoring and will be responsible for the correct presentation of official intermediate and final report to the donor
- S/He will provide input in the processing of any potential project amendment or extension within the due times.
- S/He will ensure a constructive and structured communication between the parties involved;
- S/He will ensure constant updating of the donor on the project progress
- Second Level Degree and / or Master’s Degree in Cooperation and Development / Emergency and / or similar degree
- At least 2 yearsproject management experience abroad with international donors in both protracted crisis and development contexts
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary planning and control of donors rules and regulation specifically of Italian Cooperation Agency (AICS)
- Knowledge of basic monitoring tools
- Experience in project proposal writing production of narrative reports
- Self-motivated, flexible, resilient, able to take initiative and work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of IT skills (Windows, Office package)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Italian written and spoken
- Prior experience in Uganda and/or in livelihoods projects
To apply, please visit: https://www.cesvi.org/jobs/project-manager-junior-aics-uganda/
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1