Employment Term: Fixed-term (two years)
Location: Yangon, Myanmar
Closing Date: 18 July 2019
The post is opened to both national and international applicants and advertised worldwide.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam is looking for Programme Strategy and Impact Director.
To provide strategic leadership across the entire Oxfam country programme – in Humanitarian & Resilience; Social Accountability and Governance; and in Economic Justice – as part of the Country Leadership Team. Lead strategic thinking for the Myanmar Leadership Team, advising the Country Director and Programme Director, and overall programme business development. Responsible for programme design, development and incubation; programme quality and MEAL; and coordinate the provision of technical support across the country programme. Ensure that cross-cutting themes of governance, gender, conflict sensitivity and partnership are embedded into all programmes and projects and that there is coherence and coordination between the projects.
To view the full job description please click here.
Skills & Competence:
- Strong programme background, and technical skills in governance, gender and/or conflict as cross cutting issues for Oxfam in Myanmar
- Strategic vision and ability to provide thought leadership across a complex and varied programme
- Ability to develop highly complex programmes and projects on a wider range of development subjects
- Ability to manage fast pace, high workload in a constantly shifting context
- Ability to create space and collaboration for strategic programming in high pressure environment
- Strong skills in turning ideas into fundable proposals
- Significant knowledge on theory of change, how change happens and non-traditional project management approaches such as adaptive programming and management
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working in highly complex political environments and with adaptive management. Direct experience of Myanmar is desirable.
- Proven range of experience in programme development & management. Direct experience in managing large scale programmes is essential.
- Sensitive and open to both humanitarian and longer term development approaches.
- Experience of tendering, developing and implementing large scale funding.
- Experience in developing and integrating advocacy strategies into programmes in highly sensitive political environments.
- Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
- Demonstrable people and budget management skills.
- The ability to adapt to different cultures. Experience of working in Asian cultures desirable.
- Understanding of conflict sensitive approaches
- Experience of managing a range of different partnerships
- Must demonstrate understanding, commitment and sensitivity to gender issues.
- Experience of Programme Quality, M&E and knowledge management to facilitate organisational learning
- Experience of working in insecure environments and of implementing security policies.
Travel to programme areas in Myanmar as required and occasional travel regionally and internationally.
Note to candidates: Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organisational values and attributes at the interview stage. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to adhere to our code of conduct. We encourage candidates to read and understand our code of conduct here.
Find out about everything we do, please click here
Get a feel of what it is like to work at Oxfam, please click here
Find out more about our pay & benefits, please click here
How to apply
Please state applied position in email subject line and send CV and cover letter to Human Resources Department through email@example.com (OR)
Oxfam office, No. 34, Corner of Aung Taw Mu Street and Golden Hill Avenue Street, Golden Valley Ward 2, Bahan Township, Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone: +95 (0)1 539986, 539987, 539958, 539189 and 504918
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5