InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with nearly 190 members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict states, and emerging/growth economies. Member organizations are large and small, secular and faith-based, with a focus on people living in the world’s most poor and vulnerable places. The U.S. public, foundations, and governments support the work of our member NGOs that collectively invest and manage more than $15.4 billion a year. InterAction revenues come from dues, government grants, private foundation and corporate grants, and a growing fee-for-service program portfolio. Using its collective voice and convening power, InterAction seeks to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change – that advance human dignity, human potential, and self-determination.
About the Position:
Position Title: Program Manager, Humanitarian Policy
Position Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Director, Humanitarian Policy
InterAction’s Humanitarian Policy and Practice (HPP) Team seeks to shape the policies that guide humanitarian response through the work of its Policy Team. InterAction requires a Manager to work with the Director of Humanitarian Policy in representing the NGO voice in policy discussions and the development of humanitarian guidance. The Manager will lead work related to the Grand Bargain on Humanitarian Financing as well as on partnership with United Nations agencies.
• Undertake InterAction’s ongoing engagement with the Grand Bargain including with specific workstreams. This includes tracking progress across Grand Bargain commitments and facilitating best practice exchange on Grand Bargain related topics among InterAction members.
• Serve as an NGO representative in Grand Bargain meetings, including relevant workstreams and workshops.
• Spearhead NGO consultation, information exchange and messaging/written product development on key Grand Bargain-related topics, particularly in advance of high-level meetings.
• Lead InterAction’s working groups focused on NGO partnership with the United Nations humanitarian agencies—including those focused on UNHCR and the World Food Program.
• Monitor trends and policy development at key UN agencies as they relate to practices in partnering with NGOs in humanitarian operations.
• In close coordination with relevant NGO networks, promote dialogue and information exchange between NGOs and the UN humanitarian agencies on partnering practices and their relationship with the NGO community.
• Support the Director of Humanitarian Policy on work related to humanitarian reform within the US government.
• Contribute to donor research, grant proposals, project and budget monitoring, and donor reporting for policy initiatives.
• Represent InterAction in external meetings and events as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least five years of experience working for an NGO or international organization (preferably a mixture of program implementation and global policy-oriented work);
• Field experience highly desired, including working on coordinated, inter-agency humanitarian response;
• Solid knowledge of the humanitarian architecture, UN agency partnering practices and issues impacting the humanitarian response environment;
• Strong written, organizational and verbal communications skills, including presentation experience;
• Experience managing multi-stakeholder initiatives and relationships with external actors
• Excellent judgment in creative problem solving and proven interpersonal skills;
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred;
• Availability for domestic and international travel.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. InterAction will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Salary & Benefits:
InterAction provides competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line containing: Program Manager–Policy. The position will remain open until filled, but applications received before August 20 are preferred. Due to the expected volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period of time. No phone calls please.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5