Organization: World Learning
Closing date: 24 Apr 2020
* Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] with World Learning – Finance Manager in the subject line.
World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization creating a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager for an anticipated political participation and civic engagement Opens in New Windowactivity in the Philippines. The Civic Engagement Specialist will provide overall financial management and oversight for the project.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] with World Learning – Finance Manager in the subject line. Please include in the email body explaining your qualifications for the position. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
· Work closely with the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and Home Office Project Management team to establish and oversee the management of the project financial systems.
· Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
· Ensure availability of funds, manage and reconcile any differences with local currency bank accounts.
· Manage and support the payment process (check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors) for program activities, carry out monitoring of advances and ensure the proper use and management of the financial resources of the program, in line with the requirements of USAID and World Learning.
· Review all payment documentation and verify information prior to approval, signature of the COP and OM, and payment processing.
· Represent the program with local administrations (social security, tax authorities, landlord, etc.).
· Ensure that all required documents are accurate and updated and compliant with the up to date local regulations and laws governing taxes, contracts, administration and accounting.
· Support and monitor requests for funds for the implementation of the program.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s degree preferred;
· Knowledge of USAID policies and business practices and direct experience managing the finances and administration of a USAID-funded project are required.
· Familiarity with grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing, as well as reporting on accruals, pipelines and expenses., etc.
· Substantial related experience working in project financial management for NGOs with strong knowledge of international donor requirements.
· Proficiency in written and oral Filipino and English required. Filipino Nationals preferred; and,
· Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] with World Learning – Finance Manager in the subject line.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm