Organization: World Learning
Closing date: 03 Apr 2020
* Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] with World Learning – Deputy Chief of Party in the subject line.
World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization world working to create a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated political participation and civic engagement activity in the Philippines. The Deputy Chief of Party will be responsible for the management and oversight of a cross-section of programmatic and operational activities as well as the management of local staff. The Deputy Chief of Party supports program leadership to ensure all program deliverables are met, are timely, and are consistent with the program’s vision.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] with World Learning – Deputy Chief of Party in the subject line. Please include in the email body explaining your qualifications for the position. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
· Manage day-to-day operations of World Learning office in the Philippines, including oversight of finance and accounting, procurement, hiring and human resources, etc.;
· Manage and supervise locally based staff and consultants;
· Manage operational activities of the program, including travel logistics and materials production, and perform administrative tasks as needed;
· Support the development of reports, work plans, and other program deliverables;
· Support the program leadership in identifying opportunities for inclusive programming and ensure activity components encourage full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status;
· Identify opportunities for public and private sector partnerships to expand programmatic footprint whenever possible;
· Ensure cohesive partnerships and program delivery with program partners;
· Ensure that project operations are in compliance with donor and World Learning policies and procedures;
· In conjunction with the program leadership, liaise with the donor on finance, administrative, and operations issues, participating in discussions on award issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns; and,
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s preferred;
· A minimum of six years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded international development projects preferably in the democracy and governance sector;
· Previous experience in a senior management role for a donor-funded development project of similar size and scope, preferably in the Philippines;
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
· Capacity to build skills and knowledge of local staff;
· Ability to work across various teams with excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build consensus and navigate complex operating environments, including demonstrated experience managing and supervising financial, administrative, and procurement personnel;
·Opens in New Window Professional level of verbal and written fluency in English as well as in Filipino; Filipino Nationals preferred; and,
· Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to [email protected] with World Learning – Deputy Chief of Party in the subject line.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm