UN JOB in Yemen from International Organization for Migration
Position Title : Operations Officer (CCCM)
Duty Station : Sana’a, Yemen
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 January 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People’s Democratic
Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Eswatini,
Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator (Shelter/NFI/CCCM) and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer (CCCM), the successful candidate will implement CCCM activities and assist the Programme Officer (CCCM) as required.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of activities required for the successful completion of CCCM projects, following closely the donor(s) requirements and the directions of the CCCM Programme Officer, and inform the CCCM Programme Officer of any deviations from project work plans and budgets or delays.
- Draft technical components for concept notes, proposals and budgets.
- Monitor project budgets, expenditures and burn rates according to internal and donor requirements.
- Undertake regular visits to the areas of operation, and check that materials, machinery and
contractors are being properly utilized/managed. Follow up on the schedule with contractors and prepare completion certificates. Follow up with the administrative units of IOM regarding close out procedures and final payments to the contractors.
- In close collaboration with the procurement and logistics unit, coordinate the release and delivery of required materials and items to the respective sites in a timely manner, and provide relevant documentation and pipeline projections for planning purposes.
- Liaise with counterparts and implementing partners, draft progress and other required reports, and ensure that project data and information is archived and shared appropriately.
- Track and follow up on required permits and authorizations and inform the Programme Officer of any delays.
- Collect and collate information and documentation for the development of project proposals. Contribute to contingency planning for possible CCCM emergency response if required.
- Supervise CCCM national operations support staff, ensuring appropriate work distribution and review of outputs. Assist in resolving team conflicts.
- Provide cover and support for CCCM team members during R&R, as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in International Relations, Conflict Resolution, Management, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in Camp Coordination & Camp management, preferably at a managerial level, in emergency and conflict environments;
• Excellent Accuracy, Monitoring and Evaluation, Managerial, and Organizational Skills; Ability to work with limited supervision;
• Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
• Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
• Works effectively with Donors, local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives;
• Has significant CCCM technical experience to guide and lead the CCCM project teams.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Duty Station may be changed internally in Yemen based on programme requirements if and when required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 January 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 08.01.2019 to 21.01.2019
Requisition: SVN 2019/07 (P) – Operations Officer (CCCM) (P2) – Sana’a, Yemen (55777922) Released
Posting: Posting NC55777923 (55777923) Released
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1