Operations Manager – NE Syria
CHF International is seeking an Operations Manager (OM) to oversee daily operations, procurement, logistics and administration to support programming and office, ensuring compliance with donor regulations and CHF International policies and procedures. The OM supports planning and implementation of operational requirements of North East Syria (NES) programming and in the cross-border support office in Dohuk, KRI/Iraq. The duties include to establish and/or maintain/implement procurement tracking and management systems, logistics and administration, oversee and build the capacity of local national staff and efforts are well-coordinated and integrated with all departments and with teams within the Syria program. This position reports to the CHF International NES Director, and is based in Hasakah Governorate in Northern Syria, which is a stable area relatively unaffected by the ongoing conflict.
- Oversee logistics processes to procure, store and distribute stock, supplies and services for the timely delivery of project objectives;
- Oversee procurement processes, including the oversight and effective management of drafting and reviewing RFPs and RFQs, conducting bid analyses and evaluations, drafting procurement contracts, reviewing contract deliverables and follow up with payments documentation;
- In collaboration with other departments, contribute to work plans, budget development and other deliverables as required;
- Facilitate and coordinate an overall, synchronized projects’ supplies quarterly procurement plan, thereby minimizing ad-hoc procurements, and aiding projects’ to better manage planned procurements and expenditures;
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate, complete and auditable files of procurement and logistics documentation;
- Review and implement all procurement and logistics processes and actions in compliance with donor rules and regulations, as well as CHF International policies;
- Provide continuous training, coaching and mentoring, building capacity and transferring knowledge to local staff (supply chain and program staff) and local partner organizations on supply chain, including here procurement, logistics and administration;
- Manage the tracking of all supplies, equipment/assets, and materiel in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution;
- Manage and share pipeline and supply chain information, ensuring that program staff are well informed and well prepared for incoming goods and materiel. Ensure timely reporting on stock status, to help program staff with planning of stock replenishment;
- Generate and disseminate complete, accurate and relevant weekly operations updated, and monthly procurement reports on user friendly, standardized templates to support project management in decision making;
- Directly supervise a team of local national operations staff based in NES and Iraq.
- In coordination with security department/staff, keep abreast of the security situation in all areas of operation and ensure that movement of staff and goods adhere to security SOPs in place.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed, as per NES Director request.
- Lead in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of contextualized procurement, purchasing, contracting and payment procedures in order to attain operational excellence;
- Confer with relevant technical experts to confirm that specifications are accurate and complete, samples provided where necessary, and deliverables are complete and correct in accordance with contract terms, and fit-for-function;
- Coordinate sourcing strategies and develop a thorough and a full open procurement process with a comprehensive supplier base for the supply of goods and services, constantly researching to ensure a reliable and competitive vendor base;
- Negotiate supplier terms and conditions for the supply of goods & services, ensuring the optimal combination of cost, quality and delivery/lead time are met;
- Prepare as needed, supervise and review supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for awards, purchase orders, contracts for services and other procurement documents, ensuring strict adherence to applicable procedures, accuracy and completeness of procurement supporting documents;
- Facilitate procurement audits and internal compliance reviews;
- Keep relevant management and staff updated on all cross border points access issues/ information etc. and ensure strong relationships with all relevant actors, including border authorities.
- Oversee all matters logistics relating to vehicle transport and fuel management, to ensure that vehicles are insured, managed correctly, being driven safely, maintained appropriately, damages are reported, and ensure that vehicle equipment (tools, communications, etc.) are complete and serviceable; and that usage of fuel is correctly managed, logged and recorded.
- Support and strengthen NES cross border operation’s procedures and policies as necessary for the effective management of the emergency supply chain, vehicle fleets, communication systems, and the logistics components of the program.
- In collaboration with program teams, coordinate all field-based logistics in support of active programming
- Identification of logistic needs and establishment of logistics structures, functions and systems across current NES Offices and new field locations if/when required.
- Oversee production of the Logistics Report and submit weekly reports to NES Director and SMT;
- Responsible for appropriate logistical support, being provided to all field-offices in NES and KRI;
- Preferred Master’s Degree in a related field or relevant experience in absence of master degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of international humanitarian field experience, at least 4 of which are specifically focused on the management of supply chain and operations in emergency, conflict, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings..
- Proficient in USAID rules and regulations; prior experience working on USAID funded programs preferred and other donors such as UN, DfID, etc.
- Experience working with local national staff and proven experience in building local capacity.
- Prior experience in the MENA region preferred but not essential.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1