NGO JOB in USA from iMMAP
Position: Operations Director
Duty Station: HQ, Washington, D.C.
Applications are only accepted through LinkedIn:
Organization iMMAP is an international not‐for‐profit organization that provides targeted information management support to partners responding to complex humanitarian and development challenges. We promote measurable change in people’s lives through our core philosophy: better data leads to better decisions and, ultimately, better outcomes. Our expertise in data collection, analysis and presentation revolutionizes the decision‐making process for our diverse, multi‐sectoral partners who seek enhanced coordination and sustainable solutions through information management.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and in close collaboration with the Finance and Contracts Director and the Planning and Development Director, the Operations Director provides leadership and motivation across all iMMAP program operations worldwide. S/he will be responsible for monitoring and designing programs, oversight and support of all iMMAP programs and operations to ensure the quality, impact, relevance and technical innovation of iMMAP interventions and operations. The Operations Director will ensure funder and internal compliance with regulations and procedures at the programmatic, logistic, administrative and financial level.
The Operations Director leads in the harmonization of operational standards across the organization, which includes coordinating the Regional Directors, Country Directors and Project Managers and cross-functional teams for high quality operational implementation. S/he leads iMMAP in the implementation of global operations, policies and systems for humanitarian and development programs, capacity development and accountability. Additionally, s/he liaises with the Planning and Development Director on communications, partnerships and external relations development.
A primary role of the Operations Director is to provide oversight and coordination of iMMAP’s programs, ensuring programs meet standards and coordination requirements, addressing problems when needed, mobilizing iMMAP-wide resources to support programs, and promoting learning and accountability. S/he leads the development, updating and strengthening of iMMAP’s operations policies, standards, systems, and strategies, including the integration of gender-based approaches.
Technical Support and Operations
- Provide technical expertise and advise to iMMAP Regional Directors, Country Directors, Project Managers and Technical departments.
- Provide guidance on tools and procedures to be established and used at HR, Financial, Administrative and Logistic level.
- Develop a Standard Operating Procedures manual for iMMAP Operations.
- Coordinate with iMMAP Regional Directors and Country Directors for operations follow up and for procedures/processes validation.
- Review and approve all reports, internally and for funder compliance.
- Establish log frames and ensure working plans are adequate to funding, timeline, funder requirements and impact measurements needs.
- Supervise and monitor the iMMAP Security Department to ensure the security and safety of iMMAP staff and operations.
- Work with the HR Department to ensure recruitment policies and procedures are followed and to ensure quality staff are hired.
- Follow and promote iMMAP’s organizational policies, including, but not limited, to Code of Conduct and Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Abuse.
- Actively participate in applicable meetings and provide substantiated technical advice on HR issues.
- Brief and debrief Regional Directors, Country Directors and Project Managers.
- Propose relevant needed adaptation to the organizational chart of each mission and contribute to its implementation.
- Keep employees motivated and organize appropriate trainings.
- Work with the Finance Department to plan budgets and ensure financial targets and other agreed targets are met.
- Review financial policies and procedures and engage in budgets follow up and forecasts.
- Actively participate in applicable meetings and provide substantiated technical advice on financial activities.
Promote and assess the technical quality of interventions
- Contribute to the definition and updating of intervention strategies developed by all Country offices.
- Disseminate internal technical standards and reference materials to technical units and support their implementation.
- Ensure that the interventions are always respectful of iMMAP’s mandate, values and vision/mission and funder technical standards, producing detailed and specific recommendations to improve program performance.
- Ensure that M&E activities and framework are in place for each project in collaboration with iMMAP Country Directors and Project Managers.
- Follow the performance and quality of programs through the analysis of key performance indicators.
The Operations Director should be the cohesive force behind all of iMMAP’s operations. The candidate should have the following qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required but not entirely inclusive.
- Masters level University degree in International Relations, Humanitarian Operations, Project Management, Public Health, Geography or relevant specialties.
- At least 10 years of experience in programming and managing operations for international humanitarian and development organizations (United Nations and International NGOs) in complex humanitarian emergencies (disasters and man-made) and development.
- A background working in not-for-profit, internationally‐focused organizations, and experience leading programs in high risk environments.
- Experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging funder and implementing partners, and partnering with a CEO.
- Experience and appreciation of information and knowledge management and capacity building programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which enables the incumbent to effectively communicate across a variety of platforms and continents. Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong management and organisation skills, very good knowledge of project management and support operations.
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience in leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact.
- Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation procedures and project impact assessment methodologies (a plus).
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders from the UN, funders, clusters, NGOs worldwide, and experience in funder and partnership relations.
- The ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time to all countries where iMMAP has field presence, providing on-site leadership for programs. This percentage will vary in response to the prevalence and scale of humanitarian disasters and events.
- Fluent in English and Spanish or French (written and spoken) are mandatory, and multilingual in Arabic or French and Spanish will be considered a significant asset.
iMMAP offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation. We are
conveniently located two blocks from the Metro Center Metro Station on the Red Line.
iMMAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Dropdown field Option 1