Save the Children (SC) is implementing Norad Framework a five year, multi-sectoral, integrated program, rooted in the Child Rights Convention (CRC), it builds on South Sudan’s 2018 Child Rights Situation Analysis (CRSA), undertaken with the participation of children. The Programme will be implemented in and around 40 schools across two states and target girls and boys, aged 3-18. There is a focus on the most deprived children, who in the South Sudanese context include children with disabilities (CwD), out-of-school children and teenage mothers. As social and cultural norms weigh heavily against girls, a gender-sensitive lens will be mainstreamed throughout interventions. Integral to the program is participation and buy-in from community and traditional leaders, school management, teachers, and parents. The teacher professional development manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of the teacher development under Norad Framework
Save the Children South Sudan Country Office seeks to recruit an experienced Programme Manager to primarily lead and manage the project cycle (planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation etc.) of the project, provide strategic and operational oversight support to Programme teams and partners to implement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Post-graduate degree in development management, education planning and management, social works or a related field with training in project planning and management techniques
* At least 5 years’ relevant experience at a senior level of Programme/project management particularly managing integrated Programmes focused on education, child protection and child rights governance
* Knowledge of current global, regional and country level debates on resilience, quality education and governance
* Proven experience of managing successful, high quality, innovative and cost-effective Programmes/projects in fragile and insecure environments with International organizations.
* Proven experience and skills in participatory approaches for designing, implementing and monitoring with communities and children.
* Experience of working in partnership with local civil society organization, national governments etc. in general and building capacity of partners in particular.
* Strong competence in project management skills particularly in planning, coordination, monitoring and writing high quality reports.
* Ability to extensively travel for project monitoring and provide on-site technical and operational support to field teams
* Highly level of interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, steering and coaching
* Highly level of cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international and matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* Knowledge of child rights in general and application of child rights programming in practice
* Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
* Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
* Work experience in South Sudan is a plus.
* Commitment to Save the Children values
Contract length: 1year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5