Monitoring, Evaluation and Fundraising Officer (new position)
Job Vacancy: Monitoring, Evaluation and Fundraising Officer (new position)
APHR is looking for a motivated and talented Monitoring, Evaluation and Fundraising Officer to design and implement an organisation-wide M&E system, oversee donor/grant reporting, and support APHR’s resource mobilization efforts. The position also offers opportunities to work closely with senior management to help guide the organisation’s strategic development and identify new funding opportunities.
The successful applicant will lead APHR’s work to measure the effectiveness and impact of its programs across the region and support the management team to ensure the organisation is meeting its commitments to donors, partners and members. He/she will work closely with colleagues to assess program effectiveness and efficiency, support capacity building initiatives on M&E, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Operations Director. She/He will collaborate with the various divisions (Research & Advocacy and Finance and Human Resources) in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative internal and donor reports and presentations.
Additionally, she/he will work with other members of the team, as need be, on grants writing and fundraising efforts, support the development of internal processes and procedures (risk assessment, gender mainstreaming, conflict sensitivity) and other tasks as assigned by the Operations Director and Executive Director.
Ideally, applicants will have a proven background in M&E in the human rights field and bring a creative and innovative approach to responding to the complexities of monitoring, evaluating and reporting on human rights programs.
Summary of Key Functions:
Monitoring and Evaluation: design, management and implementation of program-wide monitoring and evaluation activities;
Donor Reporting / Data Management and Analysis: oversee the collection and analysis of data and drafting and timely submission of activity reports to partners and donors;
Institutional Development and Fundraising: identify and support fundraising efforts, including developing project proposals to advance the mission of the organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
● Under guidance from the Operations Director, lead the organisation in identifying, developing, utilizing and systematizing performance monitoring and evaluation tools and systems to strengthen program management and donor reporting
● Spearhead efforts within the APHR team to develop appropriate indicators of success and innovative methods of program impact measurement
● Work with the Operations Director and advocacy and campaigns staff to meet donor requirements in performance monitoring and reporting, and effectively convey stories about program results
● Lead, coordinate and manage program and activity evaluations including developing terms of reference
● Respond to donor evaluations and data quality assessments (DQAs)
● Design and coordinate orientations, trainings and mentoring on M&E for staff on M&E practices, data collection tools and protocols and data quality assurance
● Engage with external stakeholders and donors and negotiate on behalf of APHR to develop scopes of work and budgets and manage recruitment and contracting of evaluation consultants and contractors for baselines, mid-terms and other evaluative components
● Develop proposed strategies to increase data use and demand among secretariat, management team and the Board
● Support in identifying and updating key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them
● Travel within the region to provide technical support and training to staff as needed.
Donor Reporting / Data Management and Analysis
● Draft, coordinate inputs and review of donor annual reports and terminal reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time.
● Review and analyze monthly reports with the Operations Director to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
● Routinely update and post in the APHR database and website on project activities and progress towards achieving the outputs and outcomes.
● Identify risks associated with program activities and report to management to take appropriate action to control the risks.
● Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with the Operations Director.
● Support the maintenance and updating of the APHR members database and monthly reporting
● Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams
● Ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and verify the accuracy of reported data
● Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to support Program staff and/or the M&E Manager
● Support the Operations Director to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
Institutional Development and Fundraising
● Provide assistance on program proposals, including developing M&E plans, logical frameworks, and performance monitoring plans
● Support the drafting of annual work plans, budgets and all other relevant reports.
● Support the assessment and planning of the overall APHR program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
● Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
● Provide inputs and monitor to new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
● Monitor and keep track of donors and stakeholders’ requests, reporting requirements, and deadlines including calls for proposals
● Assist the APHR Management Team on grant application review and proposal development
● Update and support in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals
● Maintain good relations and seek new partnerships with donors, partners, and CSO networks.
Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Social Science, Development Studies or other relevant academic background
● At least 5 years Monitoring and Evaluation experience and 2-3 years experience in donor relations and fundraising, preferably on human rights programs
● Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, systems, and evaluations
● Good knowledge of the international donor landscape
● Capacity to produce high-quality briefs, proposals and reports in English
● Knowledge of the political context and human rights issues in Southeast Asia
● Proactive and self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; Strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Ability to meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
● Proficiency in at least one ASEAN language (desired)
● Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
● Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others; and
● Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
Working Conditions / Salary and Benefits
The position will be working remotely and will ideally be based in Manila, Bangkok, or Jakarta but can be negotiated to be based in another Southeast Asian capital. APHR offers a competitive local salary package with health benefits. APHR is a dedicated equal opportunities employer and invites applicants of all nationalities and backgrounds to apply. Please note that APHR does not cover relocation costs.
An initial contract will be for 12-months, with a three-month probationary period.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 22 February 2019. We will be reviewing applications as they come in and may consider selecting a shortlist before the deadline, so we welcome early applications. Send your CV/resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Application: Monitoring, Evaluation and Fundraising Position”. Apologies in advance that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APHR is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and national, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1