The World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA) is a global nonprofit organization working for a stronger and more effective United Nations. Established in 1946, we represent and coordinate a membership of over 100 United Nations Associations and their thousands of members. We work to build a better world by strengthening and improving the United Nations, through the engagement of people who share a global mindset and support international cooperation – global citizens. Our organization has offices at the United Nations in both New York and Geneva and hosts interns in both locations. www.wfuna.org
With a strong determination to engage civil society with the work of the United Nations, WFUNA has hosted a series of Model United Nations Conferences in New York, Brazil, India and Korea. WIMUN offers the most accurate simulation of the United Nations in the world. Conferences include simulations of the General Assembly, Security Council, ECOSOC, International Court of Justice and the International Labor Organization. The WIMUN program is intended for youth between the age of 14 and 30, recent graduates who have experience in Model UN or have a strong interest in the United Nations and global affairs, as well as advisors who have a role in planning and organizing MUN conferences.
The Intern will provide support to the Officer in charge of the WFUNA Model UN program (WIMUN) and participates to the general tasks of the office of WFUNA in Geneva.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Market research to identify potential partners and sponsors for the WIMUN brand;
- Outreach to potential sponsors, donors, and partners;
- Re-development and drafting of sponsorship packages;
- Assisting with grant applications;
- Communications with UNAs and key delegations of WFUNA’s Model UN Conferences;
- Assisting with staff selection for Model UN conferences.
- General office maintenance / Ordering and stocking office supplies (rotation);
- Preparation of the daily news scan shared with all WFUNA staff;
- Contributing to the communication strategy of the website and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram);
- Answering, screening and referring phone calls;
- Welcoming visitors.
- The WFUNA Secretariat office is located within the Palais des Nations, the United Nations building in Geneva. The Intern will have access to the United Nations building, conferences and events, and resources such as the UN Library.
- This position offers an excellent networking opportunity – the Intern will be able to make contact with UN staff, diplomats, UNA members, academics, and NGO representatives, and meet other interns from around the world who are working at the UN.
Experience and Competencies Required:
- Previous MUN, Marketing and/or Fundraising experience;
- Previous conference management experience;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of another UN language is a plus;
- Strong communications skills;
- Good knowledge of PPT, Prezi, Salesforce, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator;
- Strong interest in the UN and its values;
- Flexibility, autonomy, curiosity and capacity to adapt to an international environment.
- Current enrollment in university studies in a relevant field, including international law or relations, or political science;
- Valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application.
Starting date: 7 January 2019 or another mutually agreed date.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
WFUNA is committed to equality of opportunity and encouraged applications from all individuals regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1