Pathfinder is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor to lead the implementation of the MEL agenda for the upcoming USAID-funded Women’s Empowerment project in Egypt. The project will support a comprehensive effort toward gender equality and female empowerment, with a focus on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment; economic opportunity; and, prevention and protection from gender-based violence. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Egypt.
The MEL Advisor will provide technical leadership to develop the project MEL system (framework, plans, and indicators) to capture performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The MEL Advisor will develop and manage the project performance monitoring database to support effective management and collaborative and strategic learning across project teams, partners, clients/donors and stakeholders. S/he will supervise, mentor, and coach the MEL team to design and implement project monitoring and evaluation activities and to ensure that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. S/he will also coordinate with Pathfinder partners to oversee formative research and other research/evaluation activities led by partners under the program and ensure integration of learnings from research into the project.
- Develops and implements the project’s MEL system according to Pathfinder standards and practices.
- Ensures that the MEL system is a cost-effective, results-orientated system that provides USAID and the program with necessary information to assess the progress, effectiveness, and outcome of activities.
- Collaborates with partners to develop individual and MEL work and training plans as appropriate.
- Develops/adapts tools for data collection; designs and oversees implementation of surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Designs/adapts project performance monitoring database to report national and global indicator and performance indicator data quarterly to senior managers, COP, and Pathfinder headquarters; ensures this data is regularly entered into Pathfinder’s DHIS2 instance.
- Oversees implementation of the project’s baseline and end-of-project surveys, as relevant.
- Documents project achievements against targets using monitoring data and works with project staff to document the factors behind gaps and over achievements.
- Institutes regular use of performance monitoring data among project managers and other relevant Pathfinder staff to ensure knowledge transfer and learning.
- Coordinates internal and external evaluations and disseminates evaluation findings through written reports, conference presentations, and publications, and assists project staff to do likewise.
- Leads the development of the project knowledge management strategy and ensures systematic use of data to consistently document and disseminate achievements, success stories, and best practices.
- Oversees production of data to meet reporting requirements as well as the preparation and review of quarterly and annual reports, research, technical reports, presentations, etc.
- Coordinates with Pathfinder partners charged with formative and other research activities to ensure useful and relevant data are collected, results from research activities are shared with all project partners and relevant stakeholders, and learnings inform project design and implementation.
- Provides technical assistance and training to program teams and partner organizations as necessary.
- Provides technical support to strengthening MEL systems at national and community level.
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, sociology, biostatistics, statistics, or related field of study.
- Minimum 8 years of experience leading, designing, and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning activities for multi-country, multi-faceted health programs in developing countries.
- Experience conducting rigorous quantitative analysis using STATA, including use of advanced regression analysis.
- Experience analyzing qualitative data using Atlas.ti, Excel, or other qualitative analysis software.
- Previous experience working within or evaluating and adapting interventions in the women’s economic empowerment and gender-based violence sector.
- Experience evaluating the gender effects of interventions and developing gender-sensitive instruments and protocols.
- Familiarity with USAID project cycle, policies, regulations, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies and reporting requirements, preferable.
- Extensive experience collaborating with government agencies (especially MoH), host-country governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
- Strong management, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in Egypt or Middle East/North Africa region, preference for Egyptian nationals. Strong speaking and writing skills in English; proficiency in Arabic required.
Please apply online: https://pathfinder.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1366&site=2
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5