Want to gain some incredible experience at a grassroots non-profit? Want to help with the daily tasks of running the Kid’s Program and putting your Spanish, management and organizational skills to use and assist in some classes on the side? Then this could be the opportunity for you!!
At The Light and Leadership Initiative, the Kids’ Program provides free after school supplemental educational programs to children (ages 7-12). Programs include English. Art, Reading, Homework Assistance, Sports and more. We are searching for a qualified and passionate individual to be a primary assistant within the Kids’ Center.
The Kids’ Program Assistant Intern would entail…
- Operate the front desk 1x-2x weekly, assisting children and parents with the daily activities such as check-ins, schedule questions, etc.
- Keep the front desk organized and tidy
- Lead and operate at least one special event, such as movie night, each month. Participation in more events is possible depending on the interns’ time and interest.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Kids’ Program manager regarding each program
- Participate in cycle registration (4x a year)
- Keep the Salesforce database up to date (training provided)
- Lead teach or facilitate, if qualified, an afterschool program. Opportunities include: Homework Hour, Computer Coding, Yoga, Science, Reading, English, Sports.
- Support teachers in meeting needs of students who demonstrate challenging behavior
- Co-teach in a supportive role with volunteer teachers.
If you are looking for an awesome opportunity to work with a grassroots non-profit, work with kids, utilize Spanish skills, and gain experience abroad, this is the opportunity for you!
This position would require high intermediate or above Spanish skill.
We are looking for someone to start March 1st and onward!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1