JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
United Nations University is now accepting applications for the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship programme. Jointly organized by the UNU Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS) and the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS), the JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellowship programme provides promising, highly qualified, young researchers with the opportunity to conduct advanced research relevant to the main thematic focus areas of the institute. The fellowship is aimed at candidates who have completed their doctorates in the past six years and also have professional and/or research experience. UNU-IAS will assist in securing acceptance from host researchers for short-listed candidates.
Fellowships are awarded for a period of 24 months. Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (received on or after 2 April 2013) when the fellowship begins, or be scheduled to receive a doctoral degree before the fellowship begins. Japanese nationals are not eligible, nor are those of dual nationality if one is Japanese. Also, those who have permanent residency in Japan are not eligible. Those who have been previously awarded a Standard or Pathway Fellowship under the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship for Research in Japan scheme are not eligible.
Terms of the Award
- A round-trip air ticket (based on JSPS regulations)
- A monthly maintenance allowance of JPY362,000
- A settling-in allowance of JPY200,000 (based on JSPS regulations)
- Overseas travel, accident, and sickness insurance coverage, etc.
The following research projects at UNU-IAS are accepting applications for JSPS–UNU Postdoctoral Fellows:
- Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services Assessment
- Governance for Sustainable Development
- International Satoyama Initiative
- Water for Sustainable Development
Please refer to the Fellowship page for further details about the requirements to apply to each project.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1