NGO Jobs in Ireland.. Organization: GOAL
Closing date: 25 Aug 2019
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
The IT department is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join GOAL’s global team based in Dun Laoghaire. As IT Support Administrator, you will provide essential support and assistance to GOAL employees based in our head office and worldwide, enabling our staff to effectively operate as part of an organisation that transforms lives every day.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will work with all departments across the organisation as front line support for users in Head Office, remote support for field sites and other ad-hoc IT issues. The focus of the role will lie in ensuring internal customer satisfaction. To achieve this, a strong attention to detail, clear communication, and the ability to work as part of a team will be expected.
Duties and responsibilities
Support / Administration
- Supporting ~100 end users in HQ
- Office 365 email Outlook 2016 / pro plus
- SharePoint intranet and document management
- Windows Server (2008,2012) – Active directory user creation/deletion, password resets, managing user accounts & permissions, security groups for share drive folder permissions.
- PC/Laptop – Windows (7 & 10), and Apple OS support and maintenance.
- Printer management – Cannon Multi-Function & HP (Manage issues, supplies & maintenance)
- Application, Software, Hardware and Network/Phone issues
- Firewall – VPN set up and support, updating website blacklists/whitelists
- Manage Anti-Virus solution (Sophos central, Sophos) – including installation, encryption, and support.
- Log and track all support tickets from incitation to completion.
- Provide regular feedback to users on tickets
- Escalate to the appropriate team or service partners when necessary, ensuring good transfer of ownership
- Reporting on Ticket volumes and status
Documentation / Other
- Document processes and procedures
- Create user and support documentation when required
- Populate online knowledge base with issues / resolutions.
- Keep up-to-date record of software and hardware register
- Provide weekly / regular updates to IT Manager
FIELD SITES (ROVING USERS)
- Provide remote support to users through email and remote system access.
- Work closely with Roving IT Technician to help resolve issues.
- Provide advice and assistance to local IT / SMT and users in the field
Key Performance Objectives
- Successful closure of tickets in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Monthly Reporting of Helpdesk Stats
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams.
- Be enthusiastic, ambitious and keen to learn new skills with a positive attitude.
- Be able to work to strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail, conscientious and have an ability to work on your own initiative is also essential.
- Able to prioritise, delegate and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Requirements (Person Specification)
- Minimum associate’s degree, appropriate certificates or equivalent work experience
- Certification in IT/ Cyber Security
- Office 365 global administrator experience
- Centralised Anti-Virus administration experience
- Firewall Administration experience
- Windows Server 2016 Admin experience
- Experience in a similar technical environment
- Previous Office 365 Administrator experience
- Strong customer service experience and ability to with diverse users
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
How to apply:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm