Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action – Polska Akcja Humanitarna
Closing date: 20 Feb 2020
PAH in Iraq is looking for a Head of Programmes
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Head of Programmes
- Location: Iraq
- Contract details: 3 months probation period with possibility of extension
- Starting date: ASAP
What PAH is about:
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization employing people who want to make the world a better place. For over 25 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions of both humanitarian and development character have been carried out in 49 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Shelter, Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Iraq:
We returned to Iraq at the end of 2016 to respond to the needs of the civilian population caused by the fighting in Mosul. The PAH response team immediately began to provide humanitarian aid to the residents of the city, supplying food baskets and hygiene kits.
In 2017, Polish Humanitarian Action reached over 30 000 beneficiaries in Ninawa Governorate by providing food and hygiene assistance in cooperation with Czech Caritas Republic. Additional 23 000 beneficiaries from Erbil Governorate received food, hygiene or NFI assistance in project funded by Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
PAH’s current activities in Iraq include:
• swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
• improvement of quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response, following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
• response based on complementary programs and projects which are created in coordination with local authorities and local communities.
• support of Iraqi employees in improvement of personal potential and professional capacity.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Iraq is looking for a new Head of Programmes. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Head of Mission, develops a long-term strategy for Programmes on the mission in Iraq, operationalizes and leads its implementation
- Defines the common approach and standards in PAH WASH Programme and monitors their coherent application across Programmes
- Controls the timely and effective implementation of activities as well as use of budget and other resources enabling synergies in the Programme
- Identifies sources for Programme financing and applies for these
- Leads Programme Team, i.e. selects, assesses performance, motivates, establishes supporting relations and develops project staff
- Liaises and engages in cooperation with stakeholders such as donors, institutions, authorities, international and national non-governmental organizations, international organizations (IOs), clusters representing PAH
What PAH requires:
- Experience in coordinating WASH and NFI-related programmes (minimum 1 year) and WASH/NFI related projects (minimum 2 years) within difficult operating environments, especially in Iraq
- Experience in coordinating projects in an emergency set up (1 year)
- Proven experience in team management (at least 3 years)
- Documented successes in applying for institutional and private funds
- Proven experience in project management (at least 3 years)
- Strong communication skills in culturally diverse environment
- Resourcefulness, initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (at least C1)
- Good knowledge of Excel and Word
- Driving license
What PAH offers:
- A full time position with a probationary period of 3 months,
- Monthly salary calculated based on experience,
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organization combining emergency and development work,
- Free cost of accommodation on PAH premises in Erbil
- Annual leave of 26 working days and days off in lieu of working weekends and holidays
- Flights home covered every 3 months up to approximately 1200 USD,
- Covered insurance costs up to USD 4000 annually.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than February 20th.
National candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position is also open to international candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm