UNICEF works in some of the worldâ€™s toughest places, to reach the worldâ€™s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
UNICEF provides vital assistance to children in emergencies, whether caused by a natural disaster or by man, and ensures their protection. UNICEF’s humanitarian response is based on the principle that children who are victims of natural disasters or armed conflicts have the same needs and rights as children in stable situations.
UNICEF plays a key role in advocating for increased partnerships in promoting the rights of children in emergencies and raise funds from various donors. In this context, UNICEF presents potential donors with the daily problems of women and children. These stories about the daily lives of women and children are told through videos, magazines, newsletters, brochures, factsheets, website, Facebook, YouTube and other digital platforms.
OBJECTIVE / OBJECTIF
The main objective is to support UNICEF in Content Development (Human Interest Stories, press releases, photos, brochures) and translation
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
ACTIVITES, LIVRABLES ET PERIODES, PLUS LE BUDGET PAR LIVRABLES
Support the UNICEF Cameroon communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary materials and activities (Human Interest Stories, press releases, photos, brochures, digital campaigns)
Key Expected Results, Deliverables and Fees Payment
Resultats cles attendus, Livrables et montants de paiement
Results / Resultats
Deliverables / Livrables
Contents developped and documents
- Work plan developed (remotely)
- Documentary review and translation, content Development, field trips, research and draft stories, including photography A Newsletter produced.
- Develop a variety of documentation for UNICEF Cameroonâ€™s programmes and processes for donor relation and visibility purposes.
- Develop and revise communication and advocacy materials, including human interest stories, articles, news notes, statements, photo essays, etc. for UNICEF Cameroon.
- Increase UNICEF Cameroonâ€™s digital presence through management of all social media channels and official UNICEF Cameroonâ€™s website.
- With editorial oversight, translate all official documents and materials in line with UNICEFâ€™s guidelines and policies.
- Final Report in a DVD with all the materials produced.
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE ET COMPETENCES SUPPLEMENTAIRES
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field (or an undergraduate degree plus at least 5 years of demonstrated professional experience in the field of journalism, communications, external relations, public affairs, public relations or corporate communications.)
- 5 years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communication, print, broadcast, and/or new media.
- International work experience preferred.
- Background/familiarity with emergency situations
- Excellent English and French, both written and spoken, is required. Strong English and French-language writing skills are essential.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
CONDITIONS DE TRAVAIL
The successful candidate for this recruitment must be available to commence work within 25 days of receiving an offer. UNICEF office will provide the consultant with an office and a computer during the consultation.
SUPERVISION / SUPERVISION
In coordination with the Cameroon Country Office Communication Section, Support the UNICEF Cameroon communications objectives and strategies through development of complementary materials and activities (Human Interest Stories, press releases, photos, brochures, digital campaigns)
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION INDIVIDUALS
CRITERE D’EVALUATION – INDIVIDUEL
Requesters should submit comprehensive and clear criteria for how they will evaluate the candidates. You can use the structure below as a guideline but need to indicate any critical skills or knowledge that you would need your consultant to have, under points to consider.
When it comes to evaluating the candidates â€“ the new evaluation form should be completed. Remember the Rep would like to review the proposed candidate before the selection goes to CRC (if required) or for contract issuance.
The below information will be shared during advertising and therefore should be carefully considered and updated.
POINTS TO CONSIDER
- Educational Background /3
- Qualifications and skills /3
- Range and depth of relevant experience especially with similar projects /1
- Competitive advantage over other candidates /2
- Previous UNICEF/UN contracts and duration /2
- Language: Fluency in French/English /2
- Knowledge of local language an asset /2
- Completeness of response /10
- Overall concord between TOR/needs and proposal /15
Proposed Methodology and Approach
- Methodology and approach used – compatibility with UNICEF /10
- Team composition and experience /10
- Team composition and experience /10
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
- Fee for services to be provided â€“ based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference
- Wherever possible, indicate the itemized cost of the travel (air tickets etc.) if an international consultation, and subsistence costs for your stay in the country.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=515772
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1