UNICEF’s mission in Moldova is to make sure every child in the country is healthy, educated and safe from harm, therefore having the best start in life and a fair chance to reach her or his full potential and benefit from the country’s prosperity. We believe children have a right to live in a more equitable society, where their voices are heard, and needs met as a matter of priority in line with the Sustainable Development Goals. More information on what we do in Moldova is available at: https://www.unicef.org/moldova/
How can you make a difference?
1. Purpose of the contract
The Individual Contractor will provide technical assistance for development and advancement of the U-Report Moldova platform at the national and local levels.
Under the guidance of Youth and Adolescent Development Officer, the incumbent will provide effective and efficient management of activities implemented at the national level and act as liaison between U-Report Moldova and UNICEF Global Innovation Center, U-Report Global Team and UN Moldova, explicitly UNICEF Programme team members.
The incumbent will be contributing to the design, planning, management, and monitoring of activities, applying and promoting the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
The incumbent will work under direct supervisionof the Youth and Adolescent Development Officer for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving Project related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNICEF programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
2. Objectives of the contract
The overall objective of the assignment is to strengthen capacity of the U-Report Moldova platform to empower and actively engage young people in decision making, through meaningful surveys, opinion polls and advocacy of children and adolescents rights.
A specific objective is to develop a comprehensive U-Report Roadmap with short, medium and long-term actions and related budgets that will guide further the work on strengthening the U-Report Moldova platform and position it as a national barometer of young people’s voices and opinions.
3. Details of how the work should be delivered
The Individual Contractor, under the direct supervision of the Youth and Adolescent Development Officer and in close cooperation with the National Youth Council of Moldova (Implementing Partner), will ensure the provision of development services and products of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts, applying HRBA and Human Centred Design approaches.
He/she will ensure efficient and effective overall management of the local activities and allocated resources, notable:
- Develop and implement the U-report Moldova Roadmap in coordination with the internal and external partners and stakeholders, including the UNICEF Global Innovation Center (GIC), U-report Global team;
- Provide monitoring of the project activities proposed by the U-Report Roadmap, submit the monthly reports;
- Liaise with the Global Innovation Centre to manage information flows and build project-related knowledge, and ensure that the project implementation fully corresponds with its goals, as well as based on the global principles and guidelines;
- Ensure that youth opinion reports are presented to the relevant duty bearers and officials through monthly U-Report bulletins, which are going to summarize results of the weekly polls and other important U-Report Moldova surveys;
- Draft and implement strategies to better integrate U-Report as a tool and its findings into the Republic of Moldova UNICEF Country Program 2018-22, collaborate with other UN agencies, international donors and development partners, and civil society;
- Prepare U-Report quarterly polling plans. Collect inputs from Steering Committee partners to each polling plan. Liaise with the Country Office (CO)to ensure programme integration and that polls are reviewed and approved before being sent out;
- Ensure that all public and external analytical statements are approved by the CO. Monitor the activity in RapidPro, U-Report dashboard and media presence;
- In partnership with the implementation partner, contribute to organization of the youth events and official meetings related to U-Report Moldova;
- Work with the Communication section at UNICEF to run promo campaigns to reach U-Report goals in Moldova;
- Provide inputs and facilitate production of promo materials, communication products and designs for the project needs;
- Document the experience including the successful cases and share it with stakeholders and other U-Report CO and global U-report team, including GIC;
- Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of the U-Report project and provide recommendations for improvement based on M&E reports on a half-yearly basis;
- Support UNICEF Moldova in rolling out youth campaigns or projects with relevant expertise on an if-needed basis.
4. Work location and officialtravel involved
Under this assignment, the incumbent (either national or international) will be expected to work up to 3 full days per week in the UNICEF Moldova office, with a schedule aligned with the regular UNICEF Moldova working hours and complete the rest of the tasks remotely. UNICEF will ensure a suitable workplace within its premises in Chisinau. If not provided by ToR, UNICEF will not reimburse costs not directly related to the assignment outcome. The contract does not allow payment of off-hours, medical insurance, taxes, and sick leave.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- University degree in one of the following: Informational Technology, Statistics, Economics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Communication, Journalism, Marketing, International Development, or a related field as well as a track record of practical data analysis;
- At least 2 years’ experience in projects related to at least one of the following spheres: international development, marketing and communication, youth engagement and participation, youth work, advocacy, social research, community participation, policy-making on national or local level;
- At least 1-year’ experience in project management or coordination of a project team;
- Experience in engaging with international organizations, governmental structures, civil society, think tanks, advocacy initiatives, and youth organisations / centers / groups. Understanding of national and community-based channels of influence;
- Knowledge of the Moldova national and local youth policy structures;
- Experience with Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Previous experience with real-time data applications is an advantage;
- Experience in working with development actors: donors, UN agencies is an advantage;
- Previous experience with UNICEF and its projects is an advantage;
- Knowledge of Romanian and excellent command of English. Knowledge of Russian will be considered an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
For more details on deliverables and minimum requirements, please refer to attached Terms of reference (ToR)
ToR Individual Contractor U-Report_VA.pdf
HOW TO APPLY: Your online application should contain twoseparate attachments: Technical Proposal and FinancialProposal (templates below). Please secure the Financial Proposal *.pdf document with a password on document view; the password will be requested only from technically qualified candidates.
Technical Offer_U-Report contractor.docx
Financial offer_U-Report contractor.xlsx
Applications for thisassignmentmust be received no later than:13 March 2020
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Consultants and Individual contractors are responsible for paying any taxes derived from the earnings received from UNICEF.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=530339
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm