Head of Programs – Philippines
Starting date: asap
Duty station: Manila with frequent travel to Visayas and Mindanao – and possibly other regions of the country – depending on assignments.
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Country Director for Philippines – Country Program
About People in Need
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive experience across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. Active in Philippines since typhoon Yolanda/Hayan in 2013, PIN Philippines is well established in early recovery, livelihoods development, land rights protection and market based approaches. In response to the Marawi crisis (2017) in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM), PIN has implemented projects in support of Internally Displaced People (IDPs), especially targeting youth at risk. In the same areas, PIN Philippines is currently extending its operations to foster inter-religious dialogue and peace building in local communities.
For more information see: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-developme…
The Head of Programs (HoP) will work closely with PIN program teams and the County Director to oversee, manage, mentor and further expand long-term development as well as emergency programs of PIN Philippines.
Together with Program and Project Managers, the HoP is responsible for PIN Philippines Country Program efforts to develop, innovate and implement programs with the aim to achieve the highest impact while providing quality and accountability to beneficiaries, government, donors and partners. Furthermore, the HoP ensures quality of and synergies among existing and new programs and enhances visibility of PIN Philippines proactively contributing to donor communication and external representation. The HoP reports to PIN Country Director for Philippines Country Program with delegated management and responsibility for 2+ key programs and their assigned teams (approximately 20 individuals). The HoP also closely cooperates with Systems/Operations as well as Desk Officer, Relief and Development Department (RDD) Management, and sector specialists in PIN HQ.
- Program support during all phases of Program cycle management
- Ensuring quality of project proposals
- Providing support during project implementation
- Ensuring quality of external reporting
- Establishing strategic partnerships with selected partners
- Ensuring quality of PIN programs in the Philippines and compliance of overall strategy of PIN
- Advocate for and participate in starting formulating sector program strategies on HQ level
- Set up monitoring & evaluation plan for each project with clear impact indicators involving independent M&E mechanisms
- Ensure involving all key stakeholders into the project implementation
- Ensure that all new programs incorporate innovation and push the boundaries of development work
- Ensure cost-effectiveness and transparency of PIN projects
- Promote synergies among PIN programs, organize regular program management meetings
- Promote sharing of experiences and lessons learnt within the team and other missions
- Assistance to Country Director in representation of PIN programs in the Philippines country program towards partners, government,donors and private sectors stakeholders.
- Assistance to Country Director in coordination with Financial/Admin/Logistics sections
- Assistance to Country Director in staff management and capacity development
- Team management (2+ program and project managers and a total team of 20 members (managed indirectly))
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff.
- Technical knowledge in one of the following thematic areas highly preferred: livelihoods, market based approach, disaster management, peacebuilding and inter-religious dialogue, land rights.
- Proven experience in drafting proposals and managing key donor-funded project such as EU, ECHO, MFAT, USAID, etc.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks independently
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork attitude
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
- Experience within the Southeast Asian region and understanding of local dynamics highly preferred but not required.
People in Need offers:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization;
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- 25 days of paid leave annually along with additional National Holidays based on Philippino Labor Law;
- Housing allowance;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
- Robust and thorough induction training at HQ (2 weeks);
- Opportunities for further learning;
- Travel health insurance.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1