Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) is a dynamic, international, non-governmental organization.
We work to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by violent conflict and its aftermath, currently in 5 locations: Iraq, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Philippines, and South Sudan. NP implements programming through the deployment of civilian protection teams to the field. It consists of 3 legal entities, one in the USA, one in Belgium and one in France.
We are currently seeking a Group Accountant who will be able to support and contribute to the growth of NP. The job holder must be a qualified accountant with NGO and field experience and with an interest in creating a best practice finance function for NP. They must be a team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A working knowledge of French GAAP would be a significant advantage.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job holder will be responsible for:
* The treasury function
* The 2018 year-end process
* The development of the infrastructure of the ‘finance function’ including policies covering for example cost recovery and foreign exchange management together with a finance manual
* The preparation and presentation of:
o monthly and quarterly accounts for each legal entity and the consolidated group
o quarterly forecasts
* The annual 3-year plan and budget process
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
* A qualified accountant
* 3 years post qualification experience
* Experience of French GAAP
* Experience in the Humanitarian field
* Very good interpersonal and communication skills including in English
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1