Summary: **Assists in managing the charitable giving program, annual giving, planned giving, donor communications and database management. Cultivates and solicits gifts from assigned individuals. Maintains database on donors and prospects. Coordinates events to support fundraising and donor stewardship. As a key member of the Individual Giving team, this role will manage multiple projects critical to achieving Pathfinder International’s annual fundraising targets. The Charitable Giving Officer will work with the Charitable Giving Manager to execute the organization’s email fundraising strategy using Luminate Online and will project manage Pathfinder’s direct mail program. The Charitable giving officer will serve as the primary point of contact for all related vendors. The Charitable Giving Officer will work alongside Pathfinder’s digital engagement and communications to ensure coordinated messaging across all communications channels. Works with database (Raiser’s Edge) management team to ensure data accuracy and meet reporting needs.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Relationship Building: Assists in implementing plans for the charitable giving program, including working with all level of donors, direct mail, on-line giving, events, and engaging the Board, CEO and leadership to build relationships and solicit gifts.
- Donor Cultivation: Cultivates and solicits gifts from individuals. Tracks performance and forecasting of donor individual giving projections. Stewards existing donors to increase gifts and broaden engagement. Tracks and ensures appropriate scheduling of donor solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Prospect and Donor Research: Conducts prospecting research. Ensures that information on donors and prospects is up-to-date and complete in Raiser’s Edge. Adds to records when new information becomes available.
- Donor Trips: Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of donor trips.
- Fundraising: Collaborates with other business units to enable integrated fundraising efforts on and off line. Partners with Marketing and Communications on donor related messages and products. Coordinates fundraising events.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams
Minimally Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Pipeline Management: Ability to attract a multi-generational donor pyramid and engage philanthropic giving
- Relationship Management: Ability to develop and maintain relationships with donors and key stakeholders.
- Budget Management: Foundational knowledge of budget management and monitoring for development plans.
- Fundraising Cycle: Ability to fund raise. Proven ability to consistently meet annual fundraising goals.
- Philanthropy and Major and Individual Giving: Ability to keep up-to-date with developments in philanthropy and individual giving.
- Brand Ambassador: Ability to represent Pathfinder in presentations, interactions with key stakeholders
- Volunteers and Committees: Proven ability to work with volunteer fundraising committees and individuals.
- PC Applications: Knowledge of CRM systems. Proven ability to conduct data and trend analysis. Advanced knowledge of donor management/ prospect tracking software, such as Raiser’s Edge.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Project Management Planning and Management: Proven ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues that may be outside the individual’s area of expertise.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Proven ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, or nonprofit management, or related field, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required competencies
- 4 years’ work experience in marketing, communications, or development
- Prefer: Experience in family planning, reproductive health, and international health
- Prefer: Experience raising funds for international programs
- Prefer: Language skills in French, Arabic, Portuguese or African languages
- Prefer: Experience living, studying or working in a Pathfinder country
- Travel Required (at least 35%–internal and domestic)
- Weekend and evening work required
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- May supervise temporary, volunteer or staff as assigned
- May manage the execution and growth of the planned giving program.
- May support creating, planning and coordinating major gift cultivation events, activities, stewardship and meetings.
- May identify and evaluate small and large philanthropic commitments.
Please apply online: https://pathfinder.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1279&site=2
MORE NGO JOBS IN USA here
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1