WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In 2016, WFP and the Government of China entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen their partnership for ending global hunger. Under the framework provided by the MoU, the WFP China Office will serve as a WFP Centre of Excellence for Rural Transformation to enhance South-South and triangular cooperation, while supporting China’s domestic efforts to ensure food security and nutrition and developing public-private partnership for mobilizing resources to support WFP global operations. To support the new WFP China office, we are strengthening the partnerships team and need to increase the level of reports and publications.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking a P2 External Relations/Reports Officer with our Country Office in Beijing, China. The P2 External Relations/Reports Officer will be responsible for all reports and English language publications for the WFP China office. Excellent English writing skills are required as well as the ability to analyze data and synthesize concise reports for a wide range of audiences.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the implementation of the work plan for the assigned area, to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of results, in accordance with WFP and Corporate Partnership strategy.
- Maintain effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, to keep them informed on important, strategic operational WFP issues.
- Attend meetings with the UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, member states, taking notes, sharing information, and supporting joint information programmes to increase WFP’s profile, and protect its interests.
- Contribute ideas for opportunities to develop new and existing synergies with other UN agencies to senior external partnership officers to support more effective and efficient approach to food assistance.
- Provide information to member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners on the strategy, design, relevance and impact of programmes, to advocate the work of WFP.
- Collate and share relevant discussion and feedback on programme activities and issues of priority to WFP, gathered from member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners, to engage them with inter-governmental/inter-agency discussion and inform future activities.
- Gather inputs from WFP that will contribute to inter-governmental/inter-agency work, to ensure that WFP positions are properly explained and taken into account in decision making.
- Maintain awareness of current activities, political and social events of UN and other multilateral bodies/governments, conduct analysis to understand how they may impact WFP activities and programmes and provide timely information to WFP staff for decision-making.
- Collate, analyze and communicate the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Support the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Contribute to identifying Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Marketing Communications or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has contributed to the implementation of the work plan for assigned area
• Has maintained effective relationships with member states, UN agencies, NGOs, host government and other partners
• Has guided and supervised more junior staff, supporting them with more complex analysis and queries
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Where we work” and “Our work” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
http://icsc.un.org Click on: Quick Links > Salary Scales > by date
http://www.unstaffmobility.org Learn more about countries where the UN operates
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
22 August 2018
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1