NGO Jobs in Ghana. Organization: Fairtrade Africa
Closing date: 30 Aug 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Project Manager will lead and coordinate the implementation of a Climate Change Project including a producer organisation strengthening component. The Project Manager will ensure delivery of all project objectives including ensuring the continuous capacity building that will contribute to the professionalization of the producer organisations under the partnership.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all operations/administration, finance, implementation, monitoring and evaluation elements of the Project. This includes ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and procedures and principles under the partnership.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA :
Planning and implementation
- In liaison with the key project partners, producer organisations, project team and the Head of Region, lead in overall planning, budgeting and implementation of all project activities and producer services under the Partnership
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support to the project team for efficient and effective implementation.
- Coordinate and support all project officers and producer organisations receive all resource required for activity/project implementation
- Prepare annual and quarterly work plans in line with the project and partnership objectives for approval
- Develop, submit and update field activity implementation guidelines based on learnings from implementation and producer needs
Reporting, Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lead in preparing all field level reports on progress of implementation and submit to the Head of Region for approval and submission to key project partners
- Be the chief communicator for the Project i.e. receiving and effectively responding to all inquiries about the Project, field activities and field implementation of the Project
- Ensure effective communication between key project partners on the project in Ghana
- Facilitate joint planning and review meetings with producer organisations and ensure timely gathering and distribution of all relevant information to producer organisations
- Participate in key partners and project related meeting in-country and outside, where necessary
- In liaison with the Regional Communications Officer, Head of Region and Communication teams of key project partners, draft articles about the Project for internal and external newsletters and news portals.
- In liaison with MEL Officer, project team and key project partners, lead in effective monitoring of progress of project implementation, adopt appropriate tools and methodology to collect and analyse required data and apply agree templates to report outcome
- Compile quarterly summary reports of activities in liaison with MEL Officer and project team using agreed/required Fairtrade Africa and project specific templates
- Undertake risk mapping and report on same
Stakeholder and Partners’ Support
- Coordinate field trips for partners and other stakeholders
- In liaison with the Head of Region, increase partnership and networking between producers organisations, local and central government officials, ministers, departments and agencies and civil society
- Prepare and/or approve budgets for the project field activities and workshops
- Effectively track the Project’s field level expenses, accounting and reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget and financial reports on project implementation/performance for approval and submission
- Support provide logistical support to the organisation for events and workshops
- Represent the FTA and the Project at meetings, events/forums, and conferences in the country in relation to the Project and its key topics
- Work as the technical leader for the Project team and coordinate all project work
- Performance manage all staff under the Project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
Required Knowledge and Experience
· University Degree with focus on Agricultural studies or Economics, Rural Development Studies, Project Management or other relevant field
· At least 5 years working experience in non-government not for profit organization at field and management level in the fields of Project Management, Agriculture, Climate Change, Administration and development work, in general
· Substantial experience working in a relevant climate change related project in the cocoa sector in Ghana, in management and strengthening of producer organisations including partnerships roles and responsibilities.
· High level of relationship and communication management skills to build relationships with producer organisations, key partners and stakeholders
· Demonstrable experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and coordinating projects
· Good level knowledge of Financial and accounting systems.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
· Demonstrated skills in project planning, implementation and budgeting
· Proven experience in managing projects
· Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities, meet tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
How to apply:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm