NGO Jobs in Amman UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world. For every child, hope
The Middle East and North Africa region covers countries and territories from Morocco to the Islamic Republic of Iran, including Djibouti and Sudan in sub-Saharan Africa. The region is home to nearly 418 million people, including 157 million, or 38 per cent, who are under the age of 18. Nearly 10,000 children are born across the region every year. The Middle East and North Africa Regional Office is a hub for information, technical expertise, oversight and coordination for UNICEF Country Offices. It also supports these offices in their efforts to raise much-needed resources. Specialist advisers based in Amman help develop programmes in health and nutrition, child protection, adolescent development, HIV and AIDS, education, water and sanitation, social policy and emergency preparedness.How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Regional Advisor, Partnerships, provides leadership, guidance and direction in fundraising to Country Offices in situation of emergencies, especially but not limited to the Syria crisis; holds responsibility for formulation of fundraising goals and objectives and the development of strategies and innovative approaches.
Responsibilities of the post also include: responsible for the conceptualization and consolidation of all aspects of donor and programme reporting; providing an internal control function to ensure that donor reports are in compliance with donor’s conditions and the quality of reports is consistent. Incumbent is also responsible for monitoring of schedule of reports, ensures the timely preparation and dissemination of other mandatory and special reports, as well as briefing documents and corporate publications relating to programmed activities in support of the UNICEF Syria responses.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
- Enhance positive relationships with donor groups through timely and accurate reporting and monitoring of donor interests and information needs. This includes the establishment of profile of each donor.
- Keep up-to-date facts and figures on funding for the respective thematic responsibility
- Act as a link between donors and UNICEF field offices/HQ divisions.
- For the Syria crises, in close cooperation with Programme Planning section, produce products on income trends for the Syrian crisis for external and internal audiences to present an accurate picture of the funding needs for the Syrian crisis. This includes assisting in planning and preparation of materials and presentations for donor briefings and meetings, and development of resource mobilisation strategy/ies for the Syria Regional response.
- For the Syria crises, provide support in the drafting/editing and finalization of regional fund-raising documents (the Syria and Sub Regional Humanitarian Action Update) and other materials required by donors and to support fund-raising. This includes gather information, consolidate, edit and/or produce proposals and/or interim and final reports.
- For the Syria specific contributions, facilitate correct and timely utilization of donor contributions by streamlining office procedures and tracking performance of the COs and the RO.
- For the Syria crises, ensure accuracy of the grants created for the Syrian crisis in terms of the duration, donor conditionality’s, reporting requirements by following up with relevant PPD/PFP, CO and RO colleagues.
- Alert field offices on funding opportunities, donor specificities and give interpretation on donor conditions.
- Coach CO and RO colleagues in VISION and Performance Management related issues to ensure good contributions management.
- Assist in the allocation of the regional thematic humanitarian funds by the RO as per the allocation procedure.
- Enable an ‘institutional memory’ and audit track on grants management within the office through maintenance of record keeping of grant agreements, reports, proposals and other material developed for reporting and fundraising.
- Performs successfully any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the purpose of this post, as assigned by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations; or equivalent professional work experience in the donor relations area combined with advanced university degree in a related discipline.*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Work Experience: Eight years progressively responsible professional work experience in donors relation, communication, and, reporting. Experience with vision will be appreciated. Experience in donor relations at Country Office level highly desirable.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station (Arabic) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
* Candidates will not be considered if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation or sexual abuse, or crimes other than minor traffic offences, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
“UNICEF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence”.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=514939
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1
- Total Jobs: 9 Jobs
- Slogan media
- Full Address bandung