Job Description – Finance Manager
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Finance Manager directly oversees all financial, accounting and administrative activities including administration and all finance administrative activities and reporting in the country offices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation
1. Accounting and Finance Management
• Ensure compliance with the organization and donor regulations and procedures; establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation and implementation
• Supervise and ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures
• Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments
• Suggests formats for financial reporting to aid financial statement users to better understand the contents of the reports for decision-making and strategic planning purposes
• Ensures the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the country office (main and field offices) in order to monitor financial status of all project activities
• Manages the finance department of the country office to meet the financial reporting requirements of in-country management and Headquarters; This function includes ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports
• Directs the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
• Maintains the organizations system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported
• Oversee training of finance staff and provide technical support to country program and logistics
• Supervise or prepare budgets
• Present & facilitate review of actual to budget expenditures with Country Director and Program Managers during pipeline meetings
• Provide recommendations for budget realignments as required
• Make frequent visits to partners office to provide training to finance staff on internal and donors’ procedures and requirements
2. HR and Admin
Supervision of HR and Admin team in carry out the following main tasks:
• Ensuring that IMC employment handbook is within the Venezuelan Labor Law, including the processes of hiring and separating staff from the organization, benefits and reporting requirements to the relevant authorities.
• Facilitating the revision of the organizational salary scale benchmarking and revision for IMC.
• Overseeing the payroll systems and ensuring that time allocation is in accordance to IMC and Donors’ policies. Timely review of the payrolls and approval for salary disbursements.
• Overseeing the Performance Evaluation process, ensuring that annual PE is carried out for all the personnel and remunerations are approved based on the set policies. Oversee the progress of the staff capacity development plan.
3. Working Relationships
• Maintain frequent communication with Regional Finance Coordinator to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated
• Work with Country Director, Finance Admin Director and Logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets
• Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to country activities
• Interface with national government and relevant agencies to ensure compliance with varying government regulations
• Participate in donor meetings and communicate relevant information to HQ
• Work with key Staff to develop and maintain optimum financial and programmatic relationship
• Lead the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
• Ensures financial considerations are planned for and implemented as required at each security level
• Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
• Sends copies of key internal documents to HQ for back-up
• Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures
6. Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
• Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
• Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
How to apply:
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm