The Opportunity – Finance Assistant – REPLACEMENT for 6 months Contract
This post holder will support and contribute to the smooth functioning of the Finance department at the oPt Country office level also to ensure the compliance with Save the Children policies and procedures.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.**
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: Financial Transactions Related Work (payment disbursement):
· Writing cheques or preparing bank transfer letters.
· Getting cheques and bank transfer letters signed.
· Responsible to stamp the payment paid.
· Handing checks to suppliers/vendors, consultants, contractors in the office
· Filing all payment vouchers and journal vouchers
· Entering journal vouchers in Agresso (Financial System).
· Recording payment vouchers in the bank tracking sheet.
· Preparing telecommunication recharges sheets on monthly basis.
· Reviewing and recording country office payments such as consultancy payments, audit payments, vehicle use and fuel, petty cash and office supplies, etc.
· Reviewing and record staff payments: travel advances and travel expense claims.
· Responsible for regular count of the cash in the petty cash.
· Responsible for handling transfers to bank and get bank statement on monthly basis
Key Area 2: Month End Related Work:
· Entering bank statement in Agresso for bank reconciliations.
· Preparing and recording internal cash transfer.
· Confirming by email cash received from SCI centre
· Entering salary payments and adjustments to Agresso (CAM adjustments, Salary online, salary offline, pension, severance, international salary, international benefit, fixed term, annual leave accrual, Health, liability, workmen and passive warranty insurance, entitlement and income tax for staff and consultants).
· Ensuring that we receive ER reports on monthly basis from HR and file them.
· Uploading all the monthly reports and documents needed for the Region on shared folder.
Key Area 3: Year-End Related Work:
· Assisting in doing physical count of assets.
· Assisting in Conduct the annual audit work by auditors in the office and with partners.
Key Area 4: Staff Management and Related Meetings:
· Attending All Staff meetings.
· Attending Finance Unit meetings.
· Setting annual objectives and do quarterly and annual performance evaluations.
· Providing technical support and guidance to finance staff.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BA degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least one-year experience within the finance department of a national or international organization including experience with financial management in emergencies
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Arabic.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with computerised accounting systems.
- Experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives.
Commitment to Save the Children values.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.**
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to apply:
**Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found here.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm