In response to the increased refugee arrivals into Europe, in October 2015 the IRC began responding in Serbia and later expanded to other countries in the Balkans to assist refugees during their journey through Europe. As a result of the March 2016 border closures along the so-called “Balkan Route”, the IRC has adjusted its programs to assist refugees and migrants stranded across Balkan countries while still supporting people on the move. The Balkans programs are implemented in close partnership with local non-governmental organization and government institutions.
With the guidance of the Finance Manager, the Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for day-to-day data processing while keeping in line with IRC policies, procedures. This position also requires close working relationship with Programs, Admin, Human resource and Logistics units.
- Processing of bank and cash transactions and ensure the books are updated on daily basis
- Processing and finalizing of the monthly transaction spreadsheets
- Preparation and checking of bank reconciliation statements of all accounts on monthly basis
- Participate in professional development activities, as needed or requested
- Checking and filling of invoices, including from partners
- Visits to the bank as necessary
- Prepare and file the payment and all other supporting documentation in a timely, efficient and orderly manner
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters within the agreed deadlines
- Work closely with the Supply Chain team to ensure there is accurate procurement documentation necessary to process the payments
- Collecting time sheets for staff
- Focal point for receiving of the invoices from the partner organizations, service providers and consultants
- Support the program team in planning & implementation on operational level
- Provide ad hoc administrative support as needed to staff
- Assist with all finance and other relevant tasks as requested by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Advanced Diploma in Accounting from recognized College/Institution
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 1 year in an Accounting /Finance position preferably in an NGO.
- Native in Serbian and fluent in English
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks and make decisions
- Team player
- Attention to detail
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to any characteristic protected by the applicable law.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements, please apply via the following link:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Multiple Select field
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm