Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.hi.org/
Since 2011, continued conflict in many parts of the country and political instability have resulted in a vacuum of effective governance and caused significant collapse in the country’s political-institutional system. According to assessments conducted by INGOs, the healthcare system in Libya is one of the hardest hit by the crisis, having deteriorated to the point of collapse. In addition, the number of victims as a result of explosive hazards continues to grow. In vast contaminated areas, local populations, internally displaced persons and returning populations are all at risk of death and injury.
The political conflict and humanitarian crisis in Libya is likely to continue well into 2018. In parallel, the economic and political crisis is hampering the delivery of medical and socio-economic services, complicating access and increasing the vulnerability of the general population, in particular of persons with disabilities.
Since late 2014, HI’s Libya mission is managed remotely from Tunis in neighboring Tunisia, however since early 2018 with the lifting of the UN evacuation status and the increased access inside parts of Libya, HI along with other INGOs are gradually increasing international staff presence inside the country.
HI is currently implementing a humanitarian programme from operational bases in Tripoli and Misrata with the following activities:
- Provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services including physical therapy and psychosocial support for persons with disabilities/injuries, distribution of assistive devices as required;
- Capacity building, technical support and donations of assistive devices and/or materials and equipment to health partners;
- Training on inclusion principles to other humanitarian actors and health workers;
- From August 2018, Non-Technical Survey and Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) in north-central Libya, beginning in the town of Tawergha;
- Provision of Risk Education to conflict affected communities on the risks and effects caused by mines and explosive remnants of war;
- Support to the Libyan Mine Action Centre (LibMAC) and other ministries in developing a victim assistance strategy and action plan.
Subject to receiving organizational registration, HI also intends to open a new base in eastern Libya with the same activities as described above in 2018.
Under the responsibility of and in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Field Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the Health and Mine Action programs at field level (support teams, operations, information management) and to ensure that activities are executed safely, compliant with applicable standards and regulations, in accordance with HI’s, donors and governmental policies and procedures, and are productive and cost-efficient.
As Field Coordinator, your main responsabilities include:
- Representation and coordination: you ensure HI external positioning at field level in the respect of its mandate and values, of local culture and local legislation.
- You represent HI within your area of responsibility with relevant stakeholders, partners and local authorities
- You lead HI’s negotiations and efforts to increase humanitarian access within your area of responsibility
- You actively participate in the different coordination fora
- You facilitate meetings and field visits of donors
- Security management: under the supervision of the Head of Mission, you lead HI’s security policy implementation at field level.
- You contribute to the definition and update of security frameworks at field level
- You ensure that HI procedures regarding safety and security management are implemented and respected by all staff on the base
- You monitor the security situation of your area of intervention and report to the appropriate persons in case of incidents
- Project management and development: you ensure the implementation and development of projects in your area, in line with HI’s global mandate and policies, as well as the country strategic operational framework
- You monitor the evolving humanitarian situation in the country and consider strategic responses
- You participate in project planning, including contribution to proposal writting, ensuring the coherence and homogeneity of all activities
- You ensure smooth operational coordination between projects and the support departments
- You perform regular field visits
- Management of Support Services: you ensure that HI procedures are implemented and respected regarding logistics, human resources, administration and finance.
- You supervise the correct documentation of financial activities
- You supervise the cash flows required for the project’s implementation
- You ensure the security of financial resources on the base
- Team management: you ensure strict application and respect of the Internal Regulation & HR procedures by your staff.
- You ensure good communication and coordination within your team
- You ensure conflit resolution within your team
- You support your staff in their management duty
- Reporting: you lead the provision of regular reporting on HI activities in your area to your line manager upon standard schedule and upon his/her solicitation.
A complete job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates
- Previous coordination, management and representation experience (e.g. projects, administration, logistics)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian contexts, preferably in the management of emergency aid or mine action programmes
- Previous security management experience in an NGO setting required
- Previous field office management experience
- Strong writing, reporting and communication skills
- Strong context and security analysis skills
- English mandatory (oral and written); Arabic is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment and in a multidisciplinary team
- Flexible to requirements of the mission and context
- Ability to build capacity and empower staff
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Length of the contract: 12 months
- Salary from 2750 € (gross) / month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Per-diem: 683€/month net
- Hardship allowance: 500€/month net
- Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday: 25 days per year
- R&R: 5 days every 6 weeks
- Accommodation: collective housing fully covered by Humanity & Inclusion
CURRICULUM VITAE & MOTIVATION LETTER TO:https://hi.profilsearch.com/recrute/fr/fo_annonce_voir.php?id=2855&idpar…
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1