- Provide oversight and vision for the establishment of a Refugee Foundation in Malaysia, initially through a company, ReInAct Berhad.
- Fundraising and fund development
- Create community engagement and networking around the goals and objectives of ReInAct and the Malaysian Refugee Foundation.
- Manage the programmatic work of ReInAct in incubation of ideas, capacity-building, and development of best practices.
- Administer an office and manage Administrative and Financial systems and personnel through which the above functions are achieve.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in International Development, Public Policy Management, Business Administration, Marketing and Communications, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum ten years professional experience in a relevant field, preferably fundraising and donor relations in the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in refugee protection and assistance, in particular in mobilising resources and support in this sector, or in other humanitarian or development work.
- Familiarity with the concept and purposes of foundations/social impact organisations, and their relationship to their constituencies. Experience in managing a foundation is an advantage.
- Proven ability to lead financial operations, including financial planning and budgeting.
- Experience in raising funds and mobilising resources – direct experience with donor stewardship and grant management required.
- Extensive experience leading teams and organisations to success.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Strong written and verbal skills in Bahasa Malaysia is an advantage.
- A compelling and motivated speaker, with excellent public speaking skills and the ability to engage diverse audiences at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills, and a track record of developing and managing complex development/humanitarian programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-cultural contexts – experience working with marginalised communities preferred.
Salary and other terms of employment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Full time, salaried
- Based in Kuala Lumpur
Duties and responsibilities
i. Strategic leadership
- Establish mid- and long-term strategic priorities, and develop annual plans of action, with the guidance of the Board of Director and the Senior Leadership Team, and taking into account the broad input of stakeholders including civil society and refugee communities.
- Identify areas of growth in its fundraising and programmatic work, and develop strategic plans and appropriate follow up action in order to meet those needs.
- Evaluate external partnerships for fundraising and development of programmes, and ensure that opportunities for strategic and programmatic growth are aligned with ReInAct’s mission and priorities.
- Explore and identify new opportunities for partnerships and engagement, and maintain strong relationship with existing donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Regularly maintain strong networking and consultative processes with stakeholders in the refugee sector, including UNHCR, civil society, and refugees.
- Ensure the establishment of the ReInAct office space – including, but not limited to, setting up the working space/s as required, establishing communications and connectivity tools, stationeries including company letterhead, stamp, etc, and others.
- Establish administrative systems and processes for all aspects of a working office – including but not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures, administrative processes, financial systems, human resources processes and policies, and others.
- Implement decisions and policies adopted by the Board and carry out directives set by the Board and the Senior Leadership Team.
- Begin preparatory work to create a Malaysian Refugee Foundation, and in consultation and advice from the Board and Senior Leadership Team, initiate required steps in establishing it.
- Provide communications, feedback, and recommendations to the Board and Senior Leadership Team with respect to existing or new policies and procedures, and new areas or activities of strategic interest for the organisation.
- Serve as ex officio member for all Board and technical committee meetings.
- Provide the Board with updated situational reports on all aspects of the operation, either during Board meetings or according other agreed schedules and avenues.
iii. Financial management
- Ensure strong financial stewardship of the organisation in collaboration with the Treasurer and Chairman of the Board, including identifying potential funding prospects.
- Lead fundraising efforts across the organisation, including but not limited to: cultivating relationships with partners and donors, identifying new opportunities for grant funding, and build a sustainable funding pathway that can support current and future growth.
- In collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, oversee the annual budgeting process, and after approval by the Board, administer operating and grant funds as agreed by the Board.
- Provide periodic cash flow projections.
- Approve monthly expenditures and ensure that ReInAct utilises both its financial and human resource capital to best advance its mission.
iv. Staff planning, supervision and oversight
- Lead and motivate a team of staff who are dedicated to the cause of humanitarian assistance to refugees, and cultivate a culture of innovation and flexibility that emphasises “impact first”.
- Administer all staffing operations towards achieving the goals of ReInAct and the Malaysian Refugee Foundation, within the framework of its overarching strategic direction, existing Board policies, and approved budget.
- Carry out the responsibility of developing Terms of Reference for required posts, and in accordance with agreed human resources policies, recruit, employ, and release staff.
- Manage and supervise staff, including developing and agreeing on work plans and setting staff objectives.
- Periodically assess staff performance and counsel staff on performance and development.
- Strengthen leadership among staff, and promote professional development for staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Maintain staff personnel records as required.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
v. Fund development
- Identify potential prospects with guidance from the Board and other technical experts and advisors.
- Develop fundraising cultivation and solicitation plans with diverse and strategic donors.
- Develop and implement proper procedures to record funds raised and disbursed, and implement all other appropriate measures as recommended by auditors.
vi. Fund disbursement
- Work in coordination with the Senior Leadership Team and the technical committee, in consultation with a broader stakeholder base of civil society groups and refugee groups, to establish and communicate grant-making strategies and priorities.
- Develop an application process, including forms, reporting requirements, and follow-up procedures.
- Evaluate the grant-making programme and recommend appropriate changes and improvements as required.
- Oversee all grant payments and processing of grant requests.
vii. Programme development
- Work in coordination with the Senior Leadership Team and technical committee to design organizational annual work plans; approaches; and methods for the design and implementation of grant-making strategies, priorities, and grant recipient mentorship, knowledge sharing, and technical assistance.
- Work with the Senior Leadership team to design high impact and participatory approaches to offer grant recipient support in program design, implementation, and monitoring, evaluation and leaning.
- Work with technical experts, participatory development professionals and the private sector to develop a comprehensive grant recipient program to ensure evidence- based approaches are used and successful among grant recipients.
viii. Advocacy, marketing, and external communications
- Serve as a key public face and spokesperson for ReInAct in representing its work to diverse stakeholders and audiences at all levels, including in the media.
- With the agreement of the Board and the Senior Leadership Team, develop public language to describe the organisation, its cause, and its goals, and key messages and case statement in support of its work.
- Lead the development and execution of communications, media, and marketing strategies to create visibility on the goals and aims of ReInAct and the Malaysian Refugee Foundation, and its beneficiaries, and galvanise public support for its work.
- Lead the development and execution of communications strategies that amplify ReInAct’s voice and contribute to national, regional, and international dialogues around impact, innovation, and capacity-building in the humanitarian sector.
- Establish and implement a media engagement and relations strategy, and cultivate and maintain strong working relationship with media outlets.
- Create and develop visibility, outreach, and communications materials for various audiences at all levels.
- Develop and implement a public outreach and fundraising strategy involving public and online campaigns, events, and activities; and develop strategic partnerships with others in this effort, including the UN bodies, civil society, and the private sector.
- Address Gombak, Kuala Lumpur
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Radio field Option 1
- Dropdown field Option 1
- Checkbox field Option 1
- Total Jobs: 0 Jobs
- Slogan Not a charity, but an empowering movement for social inclusion.
- Full Address Gombak, Kuala Lumpur