Events Officer – Medair UK
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a dynamic individual who can plan, organise and run our events. Working with Medair UK colleagues, you will plan and deliver Medair UK’s events with the aim of generating engagement and financial support for Medair and its life-saving work assisting some of the world’s most vulnerable people.
To plan, organise and run Medair UK’s events with the aim of generating increased engagement and financial support.
Medair UK is an affiliate of the Swiss-based humanitarian organisation, Medair, which brings life-saving relief and recovery to communities devastated by natural disasters, conflicts, and other crises. Together, we work in some of the most remote and difficult places on earth, empowering people to build a better future. Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. For more details on our work, see uk.medair.org.
You will have a proven track record in organising events that increase engagement and financial support from individual supporters and donors. You will have well-developed project management skills. You will be creative, dynamic, personable and outgoing. You will have an understanding of the humanitarian sector, and of what motivates people’s involvement and generosity and will be able to use these to engage supporters through events. You will be inspired by, and in full agreement with, Medair’s Christian values and ethos.
Based in Kennington, South West London
Part-time: 3 days per week; flexible working hours available
£31,613 per annum full time (pro rata for 3 days per week, i.e.: £18,967.80)
By 1st April 2019
Key Activity Areas
Event Planning, Delivery and Evaluation
Logistical and administrative planning and organisation for Medair UK’s involvement in sponsored and other events including:
§ British 10K run
§ London Marathon (in some years)
§ Ride London cycle event
§ Thank you events
§ Fundraising dinner(s) for donors and prospects
§ Christmas Carol Service
§ Other events as appropriate
Working with the Engagement Support Officer – Churches, provide additional support as appropriate to ensure efficient and effective planning and administration of Medair UK’s involvement in:
· Christian festivals and events
· the upholding of Medair UK’s quality and reputation.
- Medair UK’s portfolio of events increases engagement and fundraising from new and existing supporters.
- Key audiences are targeted in advance for each event to ensure maximum attendance and engagement.
- All aspects of all events (planning in advance, operations on the day, follow-up afterwards) go smoothly, are handled in an efficient and effective manner, and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Attendees at Medair UK events have an enjoyable and positive experience which enables further engagement as part of an ongoing supporter journey.
- All promotional material is produced in line with Medair’s brand guidelines.
· All required merchandise and supporting literature is ordered in preparation for events.
- All event teams (including staff and volunteers) are fully briefed, and equipped.
- Event attendees who wish to hear from Medair going forwards are added to the Medair UK database and relevant mailing list(s).
- All available places on sports fundraising events are recruited to and filled.
- Registration documents for sports fundraising events are completed and logged in a timely manner.
- Participants taking part in sports fundraising events on behalf of Medair UK are provided with support pre-, during and post- event – to enable them to achieve maximum fundraising for Medair UK.
- Medair UK’s participation in events is promoted across all Medair UK’s print, digital and social media platforms and among any relevant networks as appropriate – eg, sports clubs, etc.
- Participants in events are acknowledged and thanked for their contribution to Medair, and informed of opportunities to remain connected with Medair UK, if they wish, as part of their ongoing supporter journey.
- All events are thoroughly reviewed and evaluated afterwards – so that any lessons learned can be implemented the next time.
- (Working with the Engagement Support Officer – Churches), places at Christian festivals / events are booked in good time, along with any required accommodation and travel arrangements and resourcing capacity.
Tasks common to all staff
· Act as an ambassador for Medair UK at all times when liaising externally and internally.
· Ensure consistent implementation of the Medair brand across all relevant activities.
· Record information as necessary and comply at all times with requirements for handling personal / sensitive data.
· Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting cycle, providing appropriate input from your area of responsibility
· Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by line manager.
· Contribute to the general operation and activities of the Medair UK team, attending meetings as required, sharing knowledge and expertise.
· Degree or equivalent
· Substantial experience in an events role, preferably within the charity sector, ideally in an international relief / development organisation or Christian agency
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
Experience / Competencies – ESSENTIAL:
· Inspired by, and in full agreement with, Medair’s Christian values and ethos.
· Proven track record of generating engagement and financial support through events.
· Substantial experience of planning, delivering and evaluating events.
· Understanding of humanitarian issues.
· Ability to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships internally and externally.
· Willing to contribute to the spiritual life of the team including prayer meetings.
Experience / Competencies – DESIRABLE:
· Links with individuals, organisations or networks which could be supportive to Medair UK.
· Experience of working in a charity.
· Experience of working in a Christian charity / environment.
· Experience of international relief and/or development work.
· Experience of using Salesforce.
· Driving licence.
Please email a covering letter (maximum of two pages) explaining your motivation for applying and your proven aptitude for the role, together with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email title “Application for Events Officer” by 10am on Monday 11th February 2019. Please also state where you saw the job advertised. (Interviews are likely to be conducted in late February 2019).
NOTE: In order to maintain the organisation’s Christian ethos, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this position to be a committed Christian.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1